News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Madbean Honeydripper C2 question

Started by dannoceti, November 09, 2014, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannoceti

I just received all my components to build the Madbean Honeydripper. In the build doc is suggested swapping the C2 2n2 cap "to a smaller value for a brighter sound. My preference here is a 560pF Silver Mica cap."

I had difficulty sourcing one but thought I had found one on mouser that would work. Anyways when I received the parts the 560pf mica cap is a bit large. I can make it work but wanted to get the forums thoughts before committing.

Here is a picture, can someone let me know if it's okay to use this or if I should source a different part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

It's fine, socket it and of course trim the legs way down
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Put that sucker in there. Mica caps do tend to be large since they are often rated for higher voltages. If the leads are further apart than the holes, bend them both inward and then down to fit in the 5mm hole spacing.

dannoceti

Quote from: madbean on November 09, 2014, 07:57:03 PM
Put that sucker in there. Mica caps do tend to be large since they are often rated for higher voltages. If the leads are further apart than the holes, bend them both inward and then down to fit in the 5mm hole spacing.
nice, will do! I'd like to socket it, but the leads are too big for the sockets I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaceSensor