News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

B G Fuzz

Started by Guitarmageddon, November 08, 2014, 11:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarmageddon

Haven't had a new fuzz kit from BYOC since the dawn of time, so I was super excited about this one...actually, so excited I couldn't wait for a kit.
Was one of those vero builds that was a complete bitch too, so... buy the kit folks! :lol:

Sounds great, excellent range of tones from warm to mosquito, cleans up nice too. Got a BC109 at Q1 and a LM380N is the opamp, was out of TL071 which would probably worked fine too. Highly recommend Ge diodes too.

Damned if I was going to put no Gibb Brothers on this though.  :P

Not a fan of "three-strikes", not a fan of the music either (more a "Black on Both Sides" guy), but hell, if it came to selling a brother an illegal firearm, seems Christopher has enough integrity to do 14-40yrs for me.
Couldn't think of a single living politician who'd do that. Integrity is a rare commodity it seems to me.

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

AntKnee

I don't know what you are talking about,  but the pedal looks great.   :) Nice work as usual.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: AntKnee on November 09, 2014, 12:57:04 AM
I don't know what you are talking about,  but the pedal looks great.   :) Nice work as usual.
Thanks. 8)
BYOC is Build Your Own Clone...but I'm guessing you might have heard of them anyway.

Christopher "B.G." Dorsey is a rapper who got 14yrs (was looking at as much as 40) for not "snitching," a recurring ethical theme in the "gangsta" style of music.

This, though somewhat multicultural, I'm pretty certain it has a predominantly (white?) male American member majority.
United, wonderfully talented, smart, generous and tolerant- almost without exception I'll add too.
As an Australian I have no "dog in the fight" about US black/white incarceration ratios, the "three strike" laws or the way the US goes about "gun control" (well that's not strictly true, Oz politics are increasingly heavily influenced by US policy).
But I'll also not dance around the fact I saw these as themes for this particular etch, oblique as it may seem.
As a humanitarian these issues concern me and I like to at least get people to think about these things. If I can build a pedal that works or looks cool- awesome. :) If I can share, educate, inspire debate or get guys asking questions too, well then I feel purposeful.
I guess I also, unashamedly, hoped to pre-empt the obvious and inevitable... though I guess potentially entertaining themes of this ilk:

I'll confess they sure could sing, write pop and made a lot of people happy.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com