News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Getting pots to sit flat in case.

Started by donutsdad, May 12, 2011, 06:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donutsdad

Haven't spent much time messing with it  (since I am so stoked the pedal works perfectly) however, the pots I bought don't sit flush on the box.  They are alpha pots and the one peg sticking off of them makes them sit at an angle.

Am I doing something wrong or are there any standard ways to get them to sit flat?

Thanks

k.rock!

That little peg is usually used when builders don't want the pot to turn on the case, so they drill a small hole on the enclosure to fix the pot to the enclosure. For our purposes, this isn't necessary. A good wrench will get the nut tied enough to the enclosure.

What you do is you can use a pair of pliers and bend it until it snaps off, or like I do, I just use a pair of cutters and cut it out.

Hope that helps! :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

Also, don't use the pot shaft as leverage when snapping the tab.  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

oldhousescott

I hold the pot housing in one hand and use a pair of stout needle-nose pliers in the other situated as close the base of the tab as possible. A simple flick snaps the tab right off clean.

bigmufffuzzwizz

I used to use needle nose pliers but always with a little struggle. Recently I've been using the teeth from my wire strippers which is much easier.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

FredGarvin