News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lucky 13

Started by Droogie, November 05, 2014, 06:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

I finally cleared my backlog of unboxed circuits and now I can't remember what half of them are (not really).  There are boards from Bean (4), 1776 (1), JMK (1), Grind (3), Jubal (2), RobA (1), Function FX (1). The 125 boxes are from PPP. Anyone care to take a guess what they are? I think a few will be obvious, others not so much... Guts will follow after a bit!

Group Portrait #1

Group Portrait #2
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

cooder

Quite a cool line up of builds begging for knobbies and most of all playtime...! Have fun, looking great! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Droogie

Quote from: cooder on November 05, 2014, 07:17:09 PM
Quite a cool line up of builds begging for knobbies and most of all playtime...! Have fun, looking great! 8)

I may have to do a Kickstarter to afford the knobs!

playpunk

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

RobA

That's a lot of knobs and toggles. It'd take me a week or more just to lay all those out and drill them. Have you plugged them all together to see if something cosmic happens when they are all on at once?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Droogie

Quote from: RobA on November 05, 2014, 09:37:22 PM
That's a lot of knobs and toggles. It'd take me a week or more just to lay all those out and drill them. Have you plugged them all together to see if something cosmic happens when they are all on at once?

Ha ha! Not yet, but there's one of yours in that bunch:

That's Rob's Scramjet, a really nice sounding drive and Bean's Moodring, which I love also. If I had a bit more time, I would have allowed the various LEDs in the Scramjet to show (Red, White and Blue).

m-Kresol

that's a big bunch right there.
I see a moodring (light blue, guessed before seeing the guts), a duovibve (top row, third one), a sparklehorn (top row (right one), a machette (in black) and i think a klon (1590BB blue).
hope you label the controls before you forget which effect is in which box :p
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Droogie

Quote from: m-Kresol on November 05, 2014, 10:17:57 PM
that's a big bunch right there.
I see a moodring (light blue, guessed before seeing the guts), a duovibve (top row, third one), a sparklehorn (top row (right one), a machette (in black) and i think a klon (1590BB blue).
hope you label the controls before you forget which effect is in which box :p

Wow! 4 out of 5 correct! Not a DuoVibe, but the same configuration—a Bear Hug and the aforementioned Sparklehorn, which takes me straight to 80's rock territory. I was def sweating when drilling that bad boy—no washers to hide imperfection for those black plastic shafts. Came out good, tho! And yes, I just got a label maker!

m-Kresol

hmmm. if there's no duovibe, then either the red one in the first pic is a GreaseGun or the green one in the second is the NoMojo Fuzz :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Droogie

Quote from: m-Kresol on November 05, 2014, 10:54:08 PM
hmmm. if there's no duovibe, then either the red one in the first pic is a GreaseGun or the green one in the second is the NoMojo Fuzz :)

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding! NoMoJo for the win! That is some fine reasoning there.

Since the rest would be fairly hard (unless guessed by the creators of the projects), Bean's double Flush and Jubal's Lamprey:

Grind's Catch 22 and Rotten Comp:

Grind's Machete (which is crazy fun) as guessed by m-Kresol :

Bean's Bloviator and Sunking II (also guessed by m-K):

And Lucky #13, JMK's Expandora:

RobA

Quote from: Droogie on November 05, 2014, 09:51:35 PM
[...]

That's Rob's Scramjet, a really nice sounding drive and Bean's Moodring, which I love also. If I had a bit more time, I would have allowed the various LEDs in the Scramjet to show (Red, White and Blue).
Thanks for the nice comment. Red, white, and blue sounds like an interesting combo. Do you remember which one is the single? When I was looking for some opto-electronics stuff a few days ago, I ran across a section that had a whole bunch of different configurations of light pipes. I wonder if any of them would be the right shape or flexible enough to run from the LED's on a PCB to the top of a box. I'll have to remember to try to find them again.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Droogie

Quote from: RobA on November 06, 2014, 04:32:51 PM
Thanks for the nice comment. Red, white, and blue sounds like an interesting combo. Do you remember which one is the single?

I believe I used Red as the single. It would have been interesting to socket—too bad it didn't occur to me until now!

RobA

Quote from: Droogie on November 06, 2014, 08:02:35 PM
Quote from: RobA on November 06, 2014, 04:32:51 PM
Thanks for the nice comment. Red, white, and blue sounds like an interesting combo. Do you remember which one is the single?

I believe I used Red as the single. It would have been interesting to socket—too bad it didn't occur to me until now!
I have my test PCB with the LED's socketed and I've tried tons of different configurations. There are differences for sure, but the main thing is having the single LED sit at a little less than the turn on knee point for the MOSFET clippers. I thought water clear red was a pretty good choice.