News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Milf Chubby (non MB content)

Started by bigrigg, November 07, 2014, 02:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrigg

Hey there,
ok firstly please excuse the pubescent "theme" of the pedal.  This was a specific request from the customer.
Anyhoo, it's a modded MXR Blue Box.  Lots of fun!
Mods....
The Load and Balls (level and blend) pots are both 100 k which gives more output and wackiness for adjustments.
The Choke is a power starve.  This is the SH*T!  After much testing I found this circuit does it's best with input voltage between approx 4 and 5 volts.  Above that and it just crapped out.  I put about 750 R in series for input and then to the Choke pot with about another 400 R to adjust.  Perfect.  Really adds to a ton of other fuzz and glitchy octave sounds.
The Stroke is a blend knob that allows to mix dry signal back in which is great to add musicality or a stronger signal, extra sustain etc in some situations. 
The upper switch is to allow 1 Octave down or both 1 and 2 Octaves down.  Very noticeable with certain Choke and Load settings.
The lower switch is the output cap mod (sometimes known as C11 mod)  Adjust to taste, but I used a 10 N cap and it goes from smooth, bass synth to raspy and bright output.  Very cool and polar opposite sounds.  Box is covered in Enviro Goo which seems fitting considering the theme.  hee hee
I will most likely make this for myself as it is very fun and buries the regular MXR Blue Box six feet under for options and fun.

luks999

awesome build man! never heard from the blue box before!
great job and great options (since the original has only 2 pots and no switches)

you didnt build it for popa chubby, right? just joking ;)

Nicht Bernd

please post the vero, looks interesting.

bigrigg