News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

So Bummed Tonight..

Started by selfdestroyer, November 19, 2014, 05:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I finished populating a pedal and ran to the room to test it. I jammed for 45 minutes and had a blast then decided to make a pot of coffee. When in the kitchen I heard a pop from my office. As I went to investigate I noticed my board was powered off but my amp was on. I troubleshot for a few minutes by smelling in the fan holes of my Voo Doo Labs 4X4 (no smells) trying another known good outlet in the room and still could not get power. I unplugged all the pedals and tried to power up the 4x4 again and still have no turning of the fans or LED light. I went ahead an emailed Voo Doo Labs since I bought the 4x4 only 3 months ago from Sweetwater. I am hoping either Sweetwater or Voo Doo Labs can help me out by replacing this thing. Anyone else have something like this happen?

Cody

the3secondrule

I'm not familiar with the voodoo labs 4x4, but most of the better isolated power supplies have fuses...

Hopefully it's something simple...
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

wgc

agree, could be a fuse

good luck!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

I asked in the email to Voo Doo if there was a user replaceable fuse. I just don't want to mess with a warranty of something only 3 months old.

Edit: Opened it up since you need to take out the screws to mount it to a pedal board using their bracket anyway. No fuse that I can see. Guess I am sending it back. I wonder what will be faster, working with Sweetwater for a RMA or Voo Doo? Guess we will see.

Cody

Rockhorst

On the few occassions I had to deal with them, Voodoo Labs was very friendly and fast to reply.