News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Honeydripper

Started by LaceSensor, November 02, 2014, 11:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Got a request to build one of these! Sounds wild.

I did a couple of the mods mentioned; BAT41 diodes in position D3 and D4 for some more dynamics to the envelope.
Also, I made the input resistor (R5, stock 180k) a 500k pot. Some reports said that 180k limits the effect output so it doesnt reach unity gain with the bypass signal.
This way, you can dial it for unity, boost, or if you prefer a cut in volume.
Lastly, it states in the build guide to socket R21 (1-10k suggested) I made this a 10k trim pot so you can adjust it to taste. Smaller values increase the filter intensity, apparently.

I put C2 in a socket, its 1nF for now; need to playtest it a bit before I sent it out.

Had to get a bit creative with where the jacks went in a 125b, stole this idea of using platic enclosed jacks UNDER the PCB from good old Juansolo / Marauder

Matt

Very clever with the in/out jacks. I'll have to pick some of those up. Clean build, very nice!
Matt

bcalla

Very nice.  I need to learn that jack trick.  Which ones did you use?  Was it these? http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=576

Also, how did your mods work?  I built mine stock and I'd be interested in opening it up if they make a meaningful difference.

jubal81

That is just plain slick. Tight inside and classy outside.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

LaceSensor

Quote from: bcalla on November 03, 2014, 01:56:43 AM
Very nice.  I need to learn that jack trick.  Which ones did you use?  Was it these? http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=576

Also, how did your mods work?  I built mine stock and I'd be interested in opening it up if they make a meaningful difference.

Hi

you could use those, would be better - smaller the better!
I used this type:

The input trim works as described, changes the volume of the filter to match the bypass. Much easier to tweak with a trimpot than subbing resistors.
The other trim for filter intensity also works great - Juansolo used a trim here too - and it means you can vary the sweep with this (it works in conjunction with the sweep pot on the front panel).

AS for the BAT41s in the envelope, I just used them, didnt try silicon. the build doc said it just adds sensitivity or something. In any case, it seems to trigger just fine. My client might use other sources than electric 6 string so felt it better to add that mod.

The last one was just putting the filter cap in a socket. 1n seemed good so I soldered it in.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer