News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

HoneyDripper - Rescued from the Land of Misfit Pedals

Started by Jakes Dad, October 22, 2014, 01:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

When I first plugged this in it was dead.  Nothing, nada, zilch, zip.  Everything looked right and tested okay (didn't check the jacks themselves) so I tossed it in the Misfit Pedal box until this past weekend when I was looking at a help me post on GuitarPCB.  The poster had grounding issues with what is a pretty simple build and one of the responders suggested one of the jacks could be a problem.  Hum, grabbed my cheapo DMM and started checking my Misfits and son of a gun the majority of them have perfect continuity between the tip and sleeve.  In this case both jacks were bad.  Checked a couple new ones from my recent Tayda shipment, out with the old, in with the new and we got Bow, Wah, Yae, and Yeh.  Was thinking something to do with bees and honey on the face but looking at my temporary labels I'm seeing some sort of cartoon robot face.

Face:

Guts:

Oh, Mr MadBean, sir, you need to change the rating on this pedal - you marked it Genius but I managed to build it so it should be rated Moron.

Chuck

lincolnic

I definitely vote for cartoon robot face. Nice build!

Leevibe

selfdestroyer

Looks great and I like the that you went with the vent hole.. with all thoes ICs in there Im sure it will generate a lot of heat. Good thinking. :] ROBOT FACE!

Cody

jimilee

Were all the jacks from tayda? The few I've bought were crap also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

G.G.

Glad is turned out to be a simple issue to sort, it always feels good to resurrect a build. I stopped using Tayda jacks a while back after having trouble with several of them. BLMS Neutrik jacks are only a few cents more and much higher quality.

Jakes Dad

G.G., jimilee,

In the past I've bought jacks from Mammoth, Small Bear, Mouser, and BLMS - usually from whoever had the other parts I needed for the rest of the build.  Only recently started ordering stuff from Tayda.  The bad jacks in this build look like Neutrics, maybe CTS, but I'm honestly not certain where I got them.  I've checked the bag of Tayda jacks I have and they are all good.

Selfdestroyer,

Glad you like the vent hole.  Seems the closer I plan a build the wronger I get the holes.  Fortunately, Barry at GuitarPCB is real generous with his picks (I'm a finger-picker) that make such nice decorative cover plates. 

Chuck