News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Favorite Skreddy circuits/builds?

Started by Beedoola, October 17, 2014, 01:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

I have parts on the way to build a Mayo MKIII. All the Skreddy stuff sounds awesome, and Tagboard effects has a lot of layouts on the website.

Any advice on what other circuits to build? A good companion to the MKIII?

juansolo

?Lady is a beast, P19 being the opposite end of the spectrum with the Mayo somewhere in between.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Tremster

Can't go wrong with a Screwdriver Deluxe (Pickdropper sells PCBs).

alanp

Agreed on the Screwdriver -- Brian did a layout for it (the Cosmopolitan) -- it sounds REALLY good with a MP38A in it.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Matt

Matt

Cortexturizer

I have built the Screwdriver and while I was impressed initially, over time, I started exiting the honeymoon period and now it just doesn't cut it for me. It's a versatile circuit, yes, and sounds pretty cool, but it doesn't have anything unique about it, no recognition in tone, I dunno, I just fell out of love with it. Also, after some time I started feeling it lacked mids a bit too much for my taste. I have another board unpopulated and I might try doing a lunar module conversion and try that one and see how it compares.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

jubal81

I actually prefer the Lunar Module to the Screwdriver.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

Lunar Module and Screw Driver are my favs. I'm actually in the process of updating some older PCBs, and the Moon Lander is going to become the 'Multi Lander' and you'll be able to build both circuits on the one PCB.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Tremster

Quote from: jkokura on October 17, 2014, 04:44:40 PM
Lunar Module and Screw Driver are my favs. I'm actually in the process of updating some older PCBs, and the Moon Lander is going to become the 'Multi Lander' and you'll be able to build both circuits on the one PCB.

Jacob
:o :o :o :o :o

Jopn

Quote from: Cortexturizer on October 17, 2014, 11:36:33 AM
I have built the Screwdriver and while I was impressed initially, over time, I started exiting the honeymoon period and now it just doesn't cut it for me. It's a versatile circuit, yes, and sounds pretty cool, but it doesn't have anything unique about it, no recognition in tone, I dunno, I just fell out of love with it. Also, after some time I started feeling it lacked mids a bit too much for my taste. I have another board unpopulated and I might try doing a lunar module conversion and try that one and see how it compares.

Yeah, same here, it keeps getting bounced on/off my board.  I will say, however, that it's versatility often is what pulls it back on, especially when I'm looking to downsize my dirt section.

eldanko

Another vote for the Moon Lander here. It's currently the lone fuzz pedal on my gigging board. Just fantastic.

Mine's built with one of Jacob's pcbs and came out great.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

TGP39

Currently building a Mayo MKIII. I just had to put carbon comps in the darn thing. I've already programmed my mind that it will make a difference. Either way, I'm excited to get it finished. The used prices on some of Skreddy's pedals are approaching D.A.M. Territory. He's a great builder and a cool guy so I'm happy for him.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

raulduke

I have a Skreddy Pig Mine and it's a great sounding Muff.

Never built a Lunar Module but I should as I hear all sorts of good stuff about them.

There is also the Mayo of course, another fantastic sounding Muff.