News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cave Dweller II "Dub Edition" junction box

Started by marmora, October 16, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marmora

Built a couple of the OG Cave Dwellers over the years and have always been curious about the dual PT2399 version.
Flanagan0718 whipped me up a cool black PCB and I got to work. Had some trouble with this circuit boosting volume and acting a fool, but over the period of a month or so, I kept coming back to it and finally got it going. So don't give up!

Built in my go-to enclosure for personal builds, a simple junction box. No gut shots, built with a bunch of pre-cut spare wires and we all know what spaghetti looks like.

Controls from left to right: Time, Mix, Dwell

Momentary footswitch places a 47k resistor between lugs 3 and 1 of the Time control

Just a couple variances from the schematic:
R1: 680k
R2: 560k
R20: Empty
R12: Lowered, perhaps too much...might play with the value.

selfdestroyer

Looks great. This was the first delay I built and I still  use it today over a year ago. Its my goto delay since its so simple to dial in. I really love your demo, I really like your style and the noodling around you did. Great job.

Cody

flanagan0718

Looks awesome dude. PLEASE post some guts! Let's see that black PCB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marmora

Thanks for the comments guys. That video was made the day I finished the pedal, so I'm still finding new ways to use it.
I never really know what to play for demos after 30 or so videos, but I try to show chords, notes, the normal things the circuit does and the crazy stuff.