News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Batman riding on a T-Rex... you read that correctly (Boomstick build)

Started by irmcdermott, October 15, 2014, 09:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Alright, so while I'm in the new house, I haven't set up my powder coating setup until I can build a proper spray booth and upgrade to a decent oven. So for my personal builds, where I don't want to spend the $$$ on powder coated boxes, I've been taking my time with rattle cans making sure it looks good....

ANYWAY... I'm at Lowe's with my 3 year old son, and he asks why we're there and I tell him that daddy needs to buy paint for some of his pedals. He then tells me "You need a pink pedal, daddy." Seeing the opportunity for a fun little moment with my son, I say ok. We get home and I ask him "Eli, what picture do you think should go on this pedal?" He is all about dinosaurs (and all about Batman), so he tells me that it needs a T-Rex on it. So we get on Google Image search and I search for "T-Rex line drawing"... we scroll through a few pages, not finding one that he likes and then he blurts out "THAT'S BATMAN ON A T-REX, DADDY!" and sure enough, it was.... I love the Internet.

Here is my Boomstick build. Built on one of Haberdasher's etched boards, graphics applied with the PulsarProFX dry transfer system.

And the Guts.

cooder

Such a cool story, such a cool build! I'm sure your son loves it and think it sounds monster dino cool!!! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Govmnt_Lacky

I love EVERYTHING about this build. Especially... the backstory!  ;)

m-Kresol

It doesn't look too pink fwiw and the graphic is killing it. awesome all around.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

GermanCdn

Need the Joker riding a velociraptor beside it.

Cool build and cool story.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

wgc

Everything is cool here except lowes, (though I do like the cobalt tools)

Batman rules!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gordo

Damn fine work and I love the clean graphics (although strange) and guts.  Sometimes simple is just plain cool.  Plus real men rock pink.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

lincolnic

Bret608

Yep, I love the story too! I've been letting my daughters pick the colors on my pedals recently; always fun to include the kids in this hobby.

It took me a couple of minutes to realize that's a Lowrider BOM under the pedal, not the Boomstick!  ;D

irmcdermott

Thanks guys!

Yeah I've had a Lowrider I'm still troubleshooting, but that's a whole new thread completely, haha. I took a break from that to do this one.

selfdestroyer

Id that a freakin pink pedal with freakin batman riding a freakin Trex?

lol Looks awesome and great way to include the family in your hobby.

Cody