News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Retrograde and Machete

Started by AntKnee, October 14, 2014, 02:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Haven't posted a build in a while. Here's a couple I just finished. These are my first envirotex attempt. Came out perfect. I read the J/C tutorial and the instructions, and had no problems.

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Haberdasher

looks great to me antknee!

cheers
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Stomptown

Wow! Those look great inside and out and I especially love the machette in a BB enclosure.

Leevibe

Beautiful job with the ET! Love the machete graphic. Sweet looking guts too.

Cortexturizer

fantastic work.
especially the machete. great finish
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

muddyfox

Very cool!

Any reason for the stereo jack?

wgc

Awesome!  Love the graphics and especially the spin on the machete controls.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

AntKnee

Quote from: muddyfox on October 14, 2014, 11:43:03 AM
Very cool!

Any reason for the stereo jack?

Not really. It leaves open the option of adding the battery later if I want to without removing a jack. I almost always do that unless the enclosure is just too full to ever have room for a battery.

Thanks for the comments, doctors! I was very surprised how easy the ET process was. I put it off, expecting it to be more of a pain, but I'll probably do that from now on. One tip I might pass on, if it hasnt already, is not to stir it too fast, which will add air and cause more bubbles. I had hardly any in my mix, and they all floated up and disappeared fairly quickly.

As usual I got the graphics from the web, not so legally. I'm not selling them, though. The Machete graphic you all like came from two different pics that I overlayed to cross each other and then tweaked the color to match up in an editor. The pedal itself is a grey, stone like finish, but since I wanted the graphic to be bold, I had to use white waterslide paper. So, I scanned the back cover of the pedal and used it as the background on the top. Its not a perfect match, but it is close. The worn, white edge around the decal was an accident, and happened during application, but I actually like it. It gives a bit of character and grittiness to the look.

Thanks again, all!

I'm building Valhagen's Blue Monster next, and looking forward to hearing what it's like.

muddyfox

Quote from: AntKnee on October 14, 2014, 01:22:38 PM
One tip I might pass on, if it hasnt already, is not to stir it too fast, which will add air and cause more bubbles. I had hardly any in my mix, and they all floated up and disappeared fairly quickly.

Huh.... diff'rent strokes, I suppose.
I always mix as vigorously as I can and generate as many bubbles as possible. I then pour and breathe on it. Every single bubble pops almost instantly and I never ever get any more bubbles after that. I don't even check anymore, never a single bubble afterwards.

As long as the cat gets skinned... ;D

Bret608

These are both cool but I especially like the Machete. I am curious how it sound now so will check it out!

AntKnee

Quote from: muddyfox on October 14, 2014, 01:37:13 PM
Quote from: AntKnee on October 14, 2014, 01:22:38 PM
One tip I might pass on, if it hasnt already, is not to stir it too fast, which will add air and cause more bubbles. I had hardly any in my mix, and they all floated up and disappeared fairly quickly.

Huh.... diff'rent strokes, I suppose.
I always mix as vigorously as I can and generate as many bubbles as possible. I then pour and breathe on it. Every single bubble pops almost instantly and I never ever get any more bubbles after that. I don't even check anymore, never a single bubble afterwards.

As long as the cat gets skinned... ;D

Thats right!  8)

To clarify, I don't stir particularly slowly, but I don't stir it like I'm beating eggs, either.

AntKnee

I have to give props to Juan and Rej on this layout. It really is an easy build with the on board pots and switches.

Props to Brian's Retrograde, too. I REALLY wish more pcbs came with stand off holes. They made for an easy mount and clean look.

GrindCustoms

Very nice on both! Like how you laid out the Machette, we had'nt thought of it that way when we did the thinkering around it.

Props for the layout goes to CultureJam for that layout as he's the main pcb ninja of the crew. ;)

Most important, what do you think of the sound of that madness?

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

AntKnee

Quote from: GrindCustoms on October 14, 2014, 02:28:11 PM
Very nice on both! Like how you laid out the Machette, we had'nt thought of it that way when we did the thinkering around it.

Props for the layout goes to CultureJam for that layout as he's the main pcb ninja of the crew. ;)

Most important, what do you think of the sound of that madness?

Cool! Nice job, CultureJam!

Rej

I came to build this because I had stumbled across a modded Boss DS-1 that had some synth type mods. I had just started a thread about the mods, and and was directed, by Juan I believe, toward the Uglyface, which I hadn't heard of. Then you chimed in about this. It was perfect. I love noise pedals. I love this pedal. Its so much fun. I don't even have to play anything, just hit the LFO and go nuts on the knobs. I'm not sure how or if I will ever use it in a band setting, but it is a blast to noodle with.