News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

9v Electric Mistress vs Big Box Electric Mistress

Started by claytushaywood, October 04, 2014, 04:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

The 9v electric mistress projects are popular i see tonepad's project is a 9v version too.  how do these compare to the deluxe electric mistress?  I absolutely love the DEM (I cannot believe it took me this long to try one haha! one of the coolest pedals ever) but I hate how big those dang aluminum big box ehx effects are.

Can anyone tell me how much different the madbean mistress build and a big box DEM are going to sound?  Is the madbean project a replica of the very first mistress?  i'm having trouble figuring out the history and changes of the "9-18v electric mistress"

Scruffie

The audio path is quite different so they will sound different. The 9v is the v6 of the big muff style mistress and shares the clock/lfo/vco of the big box deluxe but audio path of the earlier big muff versions, the rest were 18v and had a completely  different lfo/vco/clock. Me and Keefe may well do a 3007 version of the deluxe in the future but for now the current lover will get you close.
Works at Lectric-FX

kothoma

Scruffie

This page should help http://www.metzgerralf.de/elekt/stomp/mistress/index.shtml

Oh and just to confuse things, the reissue DEM (90s+) went back to using the big muff style audio path so is like an 15V version of the V6 9V big muff box mistress.

So it depends which version you tried, if it was a reissue, the current lover run at 15V should be perfect.
Works at Lectric-FX