News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

You guys are lucky!

Started by GrindCustoms, July 21, 2014, 09:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterc

Its winter here at the moment and 2deg C (35F) is considered cold! If it it goes down to 0C everyone is talking about it the next day....

Keep warm Rej (I'm shivering)
Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

m-Kresol

Good luck out there.
Look for some Iridium, Osmium or Palladium... those are worth more than any of the gold you can find ;)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

You mean Rifts? The local Comic Book Guy should stock those Palladium books ;)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

Updates on this case, not that it interests everyone but hey....!

I was suppose to leave 2weeks ago, after a load of medical, aptitudes and other exam that i succesfully passed, everything was settle for that gig.

But mines... are very good at changing their mind at when they want new teams in and what not... so since that time i'm getting 3 to 4 calls a week telling me a new depature date and then another call that cancels it.

So it makes since that time that i seclude myself in my shop trying to pull out as much stuff that i can until i get to take that plane, so i'm not too back logged on my duties once i come back.

Story is getting long and i'm almost out of job in my small shop because i stopped to take orders because of that matter.

All in all, it sucks.......... ballz deep.....! And i'm a bit saddened about all that. I've made plans, budget, plannings... now everything is postponned until i don't know when....

Hopefully when it's starts, it will be on for a good time.

End of rant.

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

peterc

Good luck!

Its very frustrating, I have been waiting for a feature film mix to come through since June. Now I believe it will happen in September. Probably, I am reliably told....  ???

Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

m-Kresol

Hang in there. I was thinking a few days back that you must have your whole breadboarding gear with you since you posted about some EHX projects and stuff :D
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

GrindCustoms

Well, my boss is a cool guy, seeing that i was kinda mad with how everything was looking, he found me couple little contracts locally (I live above the richest underground area in Canada that is'nt a remote location). On monday i have a 3 day contract to entirely rebuilt a glycol «plate exchanger/boiler» system, very cool from him! And he hooked me on couple other nice jobs like that that don't interfere with the schedule of my current day job.

Very happy! :D

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 13, 2014, 08:35:41 PM
Hang in there. I was thinking a few days back that you must have your whole breadboarding gear with you since you posted about some EHX projects and stuff :D

Breadboard is my black sheep... i mean i'll take the schem of an amp preamp and build it point to point «one take» and it fires up first shot...

I breadboard a BazzFuss with 10 components and i'll blow a cap...lulz (facepalm)

Most of the time i prototype by doing PTP or vero or completely hack another PCB  that i can convert to get what i want.

Thanks mate! :)

Quote from: peterc on August 13, 2014, 07:12:13 AM
Good luck!

Its very frustrating, I have been waiting for a feature film mix to come through since June. Now I believe it will happen in September. Probably, I am reliably told....  ???

I've got couple of my friends that work in that domain... they just can't plan anything six month ahead... probably the hardest part of that job to deal with, that and the deadlines.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 14, 2014, 11:03:36 PM
Quote from: m-Kresol on August 13, 2014, 08:35:41 PM

Breadboard is my black sheep... i mean i'll take the schem of an amp preamp and build it point to point «one take» and it fires up first shot...

I breadboard a BazzFuss with 10 components and i'll blow a cap...lulz (facepalm)

Same here -- the only thing I've got to work on a breadboard, though, is a bazz fuss. EVERY other thing I've tried shits itself. I haven't breadboarded ANY of my lovetone layouts, for example. Or any of the ninesixty boards, come to think of it.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

Well!

Despite the fact that i have'nt got yet the job i was looking for, the company being on a hinge point.... for the last month i've been working local mines and mills facilities.

My goal is definitly to get hired by a mine where i work with a rotation schedule so i make a hefty load of money in a short time span and have all of my free time when i come back. i.e. 21 day On/ 21 day Off... that way it would be fairly easy for me to setup a production schedule for my own buisness and mostly have all the money required to make everything happen to the level i want and even more.

For the past 2 weeks i've been working between 60 and 75 hours a week, locally and have totally proven that i could'nt manage my time between that job and my own buisness.

What i meant by the company being on a hinge, is that i have limited experience in the mining industry... though i'm quite up to the task i beleive. So next thursday i'm flying at the Canadian Royalty project for 5 days as a in land job interview.

The past weeks of local jobs have refreshed my knowledge and abilities in various domains that is asked for that type of job.. like welding, blue print reading, setting up regulation systems to feed the mill etc.... and my boss is very happy of what i've done so far, so i'm confident about that job interview trip.

Anyway, just thought i'd give updates for those that are interested in that matter of mine.

Rej

davent

All the best Rej, hope it all plays out the way you're hoping for!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

jubal81

That's rough, bud. Working tons of hours and trying to squeeze electronics (stressful & time consuming) into whatever time is leftover is a real killer.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

Thanks guys, i truly hope that it turns out like i wish... simply so i have an optimal setup to work within and ease of logistic through out my activities. If it turns out that it does'nt work, i'll simply keep the local jobs but as i've discussed before with my boss, i would simply ask to work 3 days a week... because that's still between 36 and 42 hours of job, but would leave me enough time to work on my stuff while still having a very decent income.

But at the moment, i don't give a damn, i mean... the goal is just to get rid of ALL my personnal debts whatever they are wich should be fixed in the beginning of december. Being free of loans or obligations with banks takes lots of weight off the shoulders and give the opportunity to act freely.

Trying to keep my mind set on, Long as someone is motivated and have the will to reach their goal are and are noble in their way of getting there, Karma should'nt be a biatch.... lol

Quote from: m-Kresol on July 24, 2014, 09:09:05 AM
Good luck out there.
Look for some Iridium, Osmium or Palladium... those are worth more than any of the gold you can find ;)

They indeed extract those metal, in fact.. usually where there's gold, there's bunch of connex metals, like palladium, zinc, copper just to name a few. The mills are setup to extract those metals from the raw material that comes in.

Most of the time the rarer more expansive metals are found in smaller quantity and you'll rarely find a mine plant specialized in the extraction of those, the industry is supplied with those metals because they are extracted at the same time than the more common, greater quantity ones.

Most mines pay their total cost of operation with those connex metal extracted from the underground, the gold being pure gravy in their income ;)

GrindCustoms

Well!

I came back from that small work trip yesterday night, went very well... ...and i'll likely get the job with permanent rotation that i was looking for, my last day of work was my overall evaluation wich turned out very well. Now waiting after the phone call.

Internet was very bad over there and it was'nt that cold, a nice minus 25C and all my jobs where inside the mill. Could'nt take any pictures because cell phone where'nt allowed when on duty.

For the curious, the mine plant was near Salluit in the uBer upper north part of Quebec, not yet in Arctic.

Next trip starts on October 9th for 8 days at the MeadowBank project at the North of Baker Lake in Nunavut... 50Km from Arctic circle..or 69th parrallel.

Time to get back in the shop, catch-up time it is now.

Cheers

Rej