News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I haz a pain

Started by madbean, May 16, 2011, 04:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Took a fall and sprained the crap out of my ankle yesterday. Did it in the exact same spot that my wife sprained hers last October! My ankle is currently the size of a golf ball. :(

The good news is that means I can answer emails and work on some new stuff today....being somewhat immobile can be a blessing sometimes!

On that note, the LaVache and Cosmopolitan (formerly the Gearhead) will drop in another day or two. I made some nice improvements to the Les Lius design which I think people will like. I have a stack 4" thick of PCBs to build for new projects. I've been etching them and setting them aside over the last few weeks. I can't wait to build some of this stuff! There must be 20 or so...

I've also gotten in a decent supply of copper clad so I'm going to making large quantities of the hand-made boards as time allows. This should allow me to keep on top of things a bit better.

night-B

Even if we are waiting on new projects, and pcbs in the letter box like some 4yo kids in front of a toy store, shouldn't you relax a little bit sir Bean?  ::)

gtr2

Good for us!  Bad for you!

Hope you're up again soon...or down...I'm not sure how to comment.  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: night-B on May 16, 2011, 04:45:20 PM
Even if we are waiting on new projects, and pcbs in the letter box like some 4yo kids in front of a toy store, shouldn't you relax a little bit sir Bean?  ::)

Hope you get better quickly!
I'm so excited for all the stuff coming.. :D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

petesz

Ouch that sucks. I busted my ankle playing soccer a few weeks back, it sucked.
But I'm pretty damn keen for all these new projects!

k.rock!

That sux man! Hope you get well soon...just rest man...new projects can wait (although I have to admit I check the page everyday to see if there is something new I can play with :D haha) Looking forward to the new stuff but hope u can get well sooner :) Take care!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

redbean

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Get some rest, but if you still want to tinker, then may I suggest developing a prototyping/testing rig/learning station?  :) I've got a bunch of new PCB mount pots, test leads, wire, bread board, enclosures, a brazillion new resistors, transistors, caps, LEDs, ICs, and Jacob's "Design and Development Board Tutorial", "Basic Testing Rig", and his headphone amp and test oscillator designs, and now I'm wondering how to go about combining everything into one, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious testing rig.  ;D
es là-bas!!

jstbrowsin

Sorry to hear that Brian hope you get all the well deserved rest you plan on getting  ;) and best wishes for a speedy recovery  ;D

Jimihendrix1987

Hi Brain !

I hope you are feeling better :) I'm so excited about the Les Lius modded launch... It is expected for today isn't it?

:D

madbean

Quote from: Jimihendrix1987 on May 19, 2011, 08:20:32 PM
Hi Brain !

I hope you are feeling better :) I'm so excited about the Les Lius modded launch... It is expected for today isn't it?

:D

THanks, I'm doing better. Ankle is stiff as all hell, though.

Anyway, yup, it's ready. Just finishing the last part of the documentation right now. It is a really nice sounding OD...esp. with the couple of mods I put in. My Vox loves it.

Jimihendrix1987

Quote from: madbean on May 19, 2011, 08:59:30 PM

THanks, I'm doing better. Ankle is stiff as all hell, though.

Anyway, yup, it's ready. Just finishing the last part of the documentation right now. It is a really nice sounding OD...esp. with the couple of mods I put in. My Vox loves it.

Good ! I cannot wait anymore !!! I love this pedal a LOT !