News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nothing more frustrating...

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, September 27, 2014, 10:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

There is nothing more frustrating than spending the last 3-4 hours layout out, printing, ironing, transfering, and etching a faceplate only to find that you labeled one of the footswitches WRONG!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  ::)

Well.... I guess its just gonna be wrong!  :-\  ;D

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 27, 2014, 10:50:11 PM
There is nothing more frustrating than spending the last 3-4 hours layout out, printing, ironing, transfering, and etching a faceplate only to find that you labeled one of the footswitches WRONG!  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  ::)

Well.... I guess its just gonna be wrong!  :-\  ;D

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I did a Stubii that way. Its still on my board.

Cody

muddyfox

you did see my Britannia that has a "decay" pot? :)
once the envirotex is on, it may as well be written in stone... I ain't reworkin that kind of a brainfart, ever. Just not worth the hassle, OCD notwithstanding.

ggarms

Don't you just love that? I got overly ambitious the other day labeling my FSH. Woops.

Govmnt_Lacky

Thanks for the sympathetic posts guys  ;D

I ended up etching a faceplate where the "Byapss" is now "Parallel"  :-\

How I missed it and why the heck it said parallel is beyond me. Oh well... I guess I could say "The effected signal is running in parallel with the bypass signal."  ;)

diablochris6

My last finished project was The Low Down, a heavily modded OC-2. The only two pots that were PCB mounted were the Clean and Octave levels. Of course, my hand-painted labeling reversed the two. Frustrated, I clipped my pots off and wired them to fit my painting. Suffice to say, the insides are a mess...

I feel for you.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

wgc

Ha!  have you seen some of my snafus?  Makes me viscious.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Willybomb

Just done that with my Boneyard - the high gain and crunch labels are on the wrong pots.  Gonna have to rewire those two because it'll drive me nuts, but first I have to get rid of the whine (which is probably bugging me more).

wgc

Off topic but, try a different op amp.  I don't know which spec it is for op amps and their resistance to oscillation, but there is a difference between flavors. Also bean had some good notes in his build docs for the early version about fixing whine. 
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Willybomb

Lol, should probably put this in the other thread, but yeah, I saw on Mark's site that some other guys have had luck with TLC274 and TL074 so I'm going down to the local tomorrow to see if I can't get those.