News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Muzzle Loader

Started by chuckbuick, June 20, 2014, 05:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckbuick

Quote from: dan.schumaker on October 06, 2014, 02:45:26 PM
You wouldn't have this board available for sale, would you?
I'm not planning on selling these mainly because the Blackout Effectors crew seem like cool cats.  But I do have 2 boards left over from my OSH Park run.  PM me your address and I'll get one in the mail for you.
Quote from: stevie1556 on October 06, 2014, 04:09:36 PM
That is awesome! How the hell did you make the layout so damn neat?

As above though, if you're selling any boards, gimme a shout!

Lots of time.  I try to layout boards following the schematic.  After I do that I just start arranging things by turning them this way and that and pulling them closer together until I get them as compact as I can.  It's a decent system until you get it all done and realize that you left out a few components and they don't fit in.  I ended up with 3 components on the bottom of a Triple Wreck layout because of that.

PM me your address.  I'll send you my other leftover board
Quote from: muddyfox on October 06, 2014, 04:21:25 PM
my take is that using tants instead of electros aids big time in visual acceptance of smd. easier to solder, too. :)
that said, this is all sorts of amazing.
Thanks, man.  Yeah, no electro's makes for a much neater looking board.  But the sticker-shock when purchasing tants and high value MLCC's (like the 47uf at C19) is still a little unsettling to me.

wgc

Truer words were ne'er spoke.  Still love to look at this one.

Weird thing about tants is they are so much cheaper in qty, but the break is still a pretty big investment.   Group buy anyone?

(Now you know why I want get y'all into smt- to save money on tants.)  ;)
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings