News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What's your weirdest practice story?

Started by alanp, September 20, 2014, 10:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

I'll kick off with mine.

So, music practice for the music group at church. The worship leader (Dad) has gotten into some long discussion, or argument, or something. I forget what.

When I get bored and want to drag things back on track, I normally kick the ?Flange into self oscillation and make bizarre, ear piercing noises with it. I didn't this time. I don't recall why, but I started playing the song we'd been in the middle of with a reggae feel to it -- silencing the chord as soon as you strum it (sharp attack, FAST decay, more a percussive feel to it) and playing it with a swing feel, slightly behind the beat.

The service coordinator looks around from her argu discussion with Dad.

"Alan, that sounds great! You should do that on Sunday for this song!"

... well, I've never heard that for ?Flange annoyancing, guess reggae strums go over better.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

I'm not sure if this is the weirdest thing that's happened to me, but I've never forgotten the time I was practicing drums (my first instrument) when I hit a cymbal and my stick broke clean in half, bounced back, and hit me square in the forehead.

Willybomb

Auditioning singers is always fun.  Someone is going around telling young girls that they can sing, and when I find that person, I've going to thump them in the nose.