News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Second Build - Bearhug Compressor

Started by maine_man, September 22, 2014, 08:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maine_man

This was my second pedal build, and was somewhat better than pedal #1.  I've reaffirmed for myself that I need to work with larger enclosures, so I've started buying 125Bs for my next several builds.  I had a lot of trouble with the wire snapping when I tried to route it in the enclosure, so I've ordered some of Barry's best wire from GuitarPCB and I'll be trying it in build 3.  But, this build is a step up from my first build, so I'm pleased.  I've used Parks Super Glaze on both this and my first pedal, and I'm pretty pleased with it, as compared to how badly I would do with clearcoat paint.  Anyway, here's the Bearhug.

brejna

mjcyates

You will love the new wire. It is my favorite to use.

jubal81

Nice job. Looks great, too. You'll get the hang of the wiring thing after some practice and Barry's wire really is great.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Soup39

jimilee

That looks fantastic. Barry's best is what I use, it's great stuff. You may also seek out chrome so here, his online store front has got great wire cheap also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Leevibe

lincolnic

You're off to a really great start. Keep 'em coming!

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Gledison

Nice build and graphic :)
what about the compressor? did you like it? do you feel any distortion at higher levels?
cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

frankus

midwayfair

selfdestroyer

Great image, makes me laugh ever time I see it.. I think its the look on the bears face. lol

I love the bearhug compressor. Its one that you just set and forget and it just makes things a little better. Never notice it until I shut it off.

Cody