News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

RE: Neovibe. Hoping for a little help?

Started by mjones1992, September 18, 2014, 06:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjones1992

So I've pretty much put together my entire Neovibe build but when I was ordering parts, I somehow forgot the Diode Bridge. I tried picking one up at Radioshack but it ended up being a mess of leads because the pinout was wrong and even after I got it oriented correctly, the leads were too thick to fit in the PCB. And of course, as luck would have it, my wallet got stolen last week and I can't order anything lol.

I was reading that I can put jumpers across the where Diode bridge would be if I'm running DC (I'm going to be running 24VDC), but I'm not sure what I'm doing.  :-\

Could someone explain how I would do that? Do the jumpers just go left to right over DB1? And then do I have to ground the DC jack? And if so, where to?

Thanks so much :) I've asked in a few other communities and I haven't gotten any replies. I really want to get this thing working.

For reference: http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/univibe/vibeupdate.pdf <--that's the build doc. Has the parts list, schematic, and pcb layout.

Shrtyska9

You would jumper from the k diode bridge pad to the square pad to the left and the j bridge pad to the round pad to the left. The k will be your voltage and j is ground. Or you could solder the wires directly to the square and round pads.

Richard

Richard

mjones1992

Awesome! Thanks! :)

I think it might be time to bust out the soldering iron despite it being 3AM here. I'm so excited :)

Shrtyska9

Nice! I'm sure you wouldn't be the first guy around here to break out the iron at 3am.

Btw Welcome to the forum!:D

Richard

Richard

alanp

... I've been working dayshift too long, and leaving for work at 6am. If I'm up at 3am these days, I'm utterly shagged.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

96ecss

I've had a few builds that I finished at 3AM, but I don't think I ever started at 3AM.

Dave

TNblueshawk

The only time I'm up at 3:00 a.m. is if I can't sleep and I'm tossing and turning.

Actually maybe I should in fact get up and crank up the iron !
John