Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Culturejam fuzz rite BOM?

Started by zenless, September 17, 2014, 12:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenless

Anyone have a BOM for Culturejams Fuzz Rite? It's not up on OSH anymore

Tremster

There was no BOM, just a schematic. I have it, send me a PM with your e-mail address because I can't send attachments.

zenless

Quote from: Tremster on September 17, 2014, 01:18:22 PM
There was no BOM, just a schematic. I have it, send me a PM with your e-mail address because I can't send attachments.

Thanks man, there's not much to it, but only schematics i could find were for slightly different circuits.

zenless

culturejam

Schematic is attached.

I highly recommend changing C5 to something larger, such as 22n, 33n, or 47n. Or put in a toggle switch for multiple values.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

zenless

Quote from: culturejam on September 17, 2014, 02:02:20 PM
Schematic is attached.

I highly recommend changing C5 to something larger, such as 22n, 33n, or 47n. Or put in a toggle switch for multiple values.

Awesome! Thanks for the simple little fuzz circuit  8)

Tremster

Quote from: culturejam on September 17, 2014, 02:02:20 PM

You're saying this now that I finished one ....
OK, I might give this a try, as I found it to be a little bright, but I haven't settled on a particular transistor set yet, so I blamed those.

culturejam

It's definitely the cap. With the vintage values of 2n2 and a 500K volume pot, it's filtering out everything below about 150hZ, which is *well* within human hearing range.  Going up to 22n moves that corner frequency down to about 15hz, which should cover what most people can hear. 33n moves it down to 9hZ, and that ought to be good enough for anybody.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects