News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need your Amp thoughts (Decisions Decisions)

Started by raulduke, September 03, 2014, 04:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

Even though I love my Fender Twin Reverb to death and plan to be buried in it, I just don't find it a practical gigging amp. Not unless I get some roadies to haul it around because its quite a back breaker. For gigs I nowadays use a Fender Vibrolux. A good solid clean tube amp which because of its 2x10 speakers gives me that clean Fender sound that I crave, takes pedals very well, but is still portable enough not to ruin my back. And it can be feckin' loud too. I never have to turn it up past 2.

raulduke

Hi guys.

Thanks again for your comments.

After further research, listening to clips etc, I think the Toneking Imperial is the one for me.

I'd be plumping for the (cheaper) PCB version (in black and white) as laying out an extra £500.00 for something built on turret board doesn't float my boat (or wallet) to be honest. I also already own an attenuator.

Juan: thanks for the heads up on MJW amps.

I'm considering them for an equivalent, or clone, to something else I've always wanted (Carmen Ghia). I would love to support a UK based manufacturer, but in this case I think the Toneking just wins out for me at the moment for my requirements.

juansolo

No worries fella. Martin's a good lad, probably not far from you to be honest, and he makes great kit. Worth a chat with him if you change your mind.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk