News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MB Upper Decker

Started by PhiloB, May 30, 2014, 04:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

First off - I got lazy with the artwork.  I tried to be original and it looked terrible.  I lost my patience and just ripped off the Mesa 'Rectifier' graphic.
The wiring (footswitches) was confusing to me  and I made a few mistakes.  The result was a messier wiring and 5 blown LEDs.  Once I got it working properly I just couldn't be bothered to tidy it all up.
I built it for a friend who is in to some pretty heavy stuff.  I had great fun testing it out.  The EQ section on this pedal really rocks.  I compared this to the Metal Muff with top Boost that I just acquired and there is no comparison.  This thing blows it out of the water.

m-Kresol

I think it turned out great fwiw. For the amount of wire running in the pedal, this is pretty neat if you ask me.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

bcalla

Looks pretty awesome to me.  I wouldn't say 'lazy', I'd say efficient. 

PhiloB

I struggle with the art work side of things.  May start paying somebody.  I know a Graphic Arts student who needs $ and stuff for her portfolio.

flanagan0718

Sometimes more can be said about simple than complicated. I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m-Kresol

Since I started with waterslides and envirotex, I have to admit that I kind of tend to put something fancy on the pedal. On the one side this is fun and looks good, but more often than not it has nothing to do with the function of the pedal itself and the labels of the knobs are just a bonus :) I have to do a simple labels-only pedal again, but I have a few ideas left that I really want to put on some pedals. I guess, I have to build more to do both  ;)
Getting a student to do it professionally is a great idea, helps both sides!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

lowprofile

Hi there! Nice job!
I see that you used diferent cable (maybe shielded or grounded) in the in/out's. Could you please make me a schematic of that wiring so I can do the same?

Thanks in advance! ;)

jimilee

Yeah, ot almost looks like coaxial cable you got going on there. Nice job man, building for friends now, what progress you and I have both made! Nicely executed. The closer I g to the end, the more I just want to be done.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.