News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Machete questions...

Started by AntKnee, August 22, 2014, 02:47:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

Building a Machete, and there are some components I don't know what to do with. R11 and R12, labeled as CLR on the build doc. What is that and what values do I put there? Same goes for D4, which isnt even on the build doc. What is it and what do I do with it?
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

juansolo

CLR=Current Limiting Resistor. It's the one(s) in-line with the LED and it's value will depend on what colour LED you use and how bright you want it to be. D4 is the LFO indicator LED. Blinks with the LFO when it's switched on.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

AntKnee

AntKnee

Well, got it built. I love it, but I'm not sure its working to its full potential. For one thing, my LFO led isn't working. It doesn't come on when I flip the switch. I was wondering if it serves a function other than just as an indicator. I used a blue water clear led, and relocated it next to the LFO switch. The LFO switch itself does seem to be working correctly. It changes the sound and functions of the pedal somewhat.

I'll post a build report once I finish the graphics and chase out the bugs. This will probably also be my first shot at envirotex, so it may be a while.