News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The "Epoch" Fail (Multiplex Jr.)

Started by mshuptar, August 25, 2014, 02:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshuptar

Okay, so this build gave me some trouble. Initially, I couldn't get the modulation to work properly. However, I got some help in the tech support forum (shout out to mgwhit for the help!) and was able to get this thing working.

Then, it was time to drill the enclosure. The drilling on the top was spot-on, but I totally misjudged where I needed to drill the input/output jacks and the modulation switch. I drilled FOUR extra holes and everything was a tight fit.

Given the frustration and the extra holes, the title seemed appropriate. I would have ordered another enclosure, but I have three gigs in the next 11 days and I really wanted to use this because it sounds absolutely cool. Here are pics of my "Swiss cheese" drilling handiwork:

And the extra holes ( there are two more on the other side)

lincolnic

The extra holes are for ventilation. Ventilation.

Great job making it work! Looks pretty tidy in there, when all is said and done.

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TGP39

It sounds great, you love it and it still looks great.....Epoch win!!
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

wgc

At least you won't have to worry about a "roadie" friend accidentally dropping a spinning drill bit on it or something

Looks cool!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

brucer

Kudos all around!!  I was following your tech support thread (I'm newb-ish and thinking of this build too).  It's great that you got the circuit working. I still marvel at the knowledge and support that the wise and skilled on this site can offer.  Great news that you're happy with the effect.  Nice and tidy inside too!

selfdestroyer

Glad you got it going after all. Its a great sounding circuit. Looks great.

Cody

mgwhit

Congratulations!  I dig the play on words.  I need to try stamps soon, too.  That looks cool.

Quote from: lincolnic on August 25, 2014, 03:54:02 AM
The extra holes are for ventilation. Ventilation.

Yeah, tell everyone the holes are there so your vactrol doesn't overheat.* ;)

* I ripped that off from somewhere -- apologies to the original jokester.