News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Line 6 DL4 issue, need help

Started by hoodoo, August 26, 2014, 11:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all, Matt here. Picked up a very cheap, non working dl4 the other day. I've been googling the problems that they have and have replaced the zener diode and 4002's and the 1000 uf cap, reflowed all the solder and reseated the eprom chip. This seems to fix most problems, supposedly. Still not worky  :'( , so i was hoping that someone on here may have had issues/repaired or even heard about common problems, apart from what i mentioned that may be able to steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance, Matt.

flanagan0718

What's actually going on with it? No power? Flakey switches? Randomly shutting off?

Make sure you try testing it with the correct power supply or even batteries. Was it modded before you got it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoodoo

Hi mate, thanks for the response, probably should have mentioned these things in the original post, i suppose  :-[ The thing is stock standard, never been modded. I've tried it with the proper power supply, I haven't tried batteries yet, but was told that  it didn't work with either. It will not power up at all. As mentioned in the previous post, i've tried the usual fixes, and the voltages on the few components that i have tested (google info) seem to be ok. The information i could find, said that if these fixes don't work, take it to a "tech" or don't bother,  :P. I'm sure there would be other common problems that could be looked at. The only trouble is, that most of the board is smd, and f@#king tiny. Any and all advice gratefully accepted.

gordo

I seem to recall that the little voltage reg blows up pretty easily.  I got a cheap one and tried to revive it but no luck.  I DID manage to revive an MM4 but was just bad solder joints and diodes so keep at it.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

flanagan0718

There is a voltage regulator that tends to go at the first sign of power issues. Should be pretty easy to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pk1802

Have you done a factory reset? I've "fixed" 2 DL4s by just performing a factory reset. Power the pedal up with A and D pressed down.

If that doesn't work take a look at reply #3 in this thread. http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=41142.0

I've actually printed out that post and put it in a drawer for safe keeping, I've revived 3 DL4s with that info.

Hope it helps.

hoodoo

Thanks again for the response. That thread you've linked to is where i got my info from. I'll try some more tomorrow,Matt.