News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Where Can I find a Square Enclosure

Started by Guybrush, August 18, 2014, 08:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guybrush

Hey all
I'm looking to build a Rat clone and wondered if anyone knew of anywhere where I could purchase a suitably square shaped enclosure? My internet searches are drawing a blank.
I've thought about asking a metal fabricators to make me a replica of the ProCo Rat case but I've never done any CAD drawing before. Is it ridiculously complicated?
Cheers!

Stomptown

If you look at the Hammond 1590 series catalog there are a few square options (I just bought a couple myself). If you find one that works you can order it from mouser.

davent

1590Q is a very nice one, square on ~ long dimension of the 1590bb and same height.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Stomptown

Quote from: davent on August 18, 2014, 03:41:09 PM
1590Q is a very nice one, square on ~ long dimension of the 1590bb and same height.

I agree! The 1590Q is a great enclosure. I just picked one up and I'm trying to figure out what to put in it. Another one that may work depending on the PCB size/layout is the 1590Y (3.62 x 3.62 x 1.5).

alanp

I ordered a Q by accident (wanted a 1790NS size.)

Trying to think of what the heck to do with it.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Guybrush

Cheers guys! I'll check them out.

You could always build a Rat Alan!

Guybrush

Blimey they are expensive in the UK. I can only find both the 1590Q and 1590Y on Amazon and eBay and they are £24 and £17 respectively.