News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anybody used this ebay seller for BBD?

Started by ThePastRecedes, August 21, 2014, 08:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePastRecedes

*This may be in the wrong section move if necessary*

Okay, I know zero about BBD in terms of purchasing them and what to look out for. I've got a few pedals that are almost finished but just need a few BBD chips. I was thinking of purchasing from the ebay seller "hkutsource". Is there anything I should be wary of?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/5PCS-MN3008-Manu-PANASONI-Encapsulation-DIP-8-2048-Stage-Low-Noise-BBD-/380926524219?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b0fd7b3b
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

GermanCdn

I haven't used that guy for MN3008s, but I was just looking for some LM13700 and his price was like half of everyone elses.  Makes me really leery about buying from him, because it sounds too good to be true.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

ThePastRecedes

Exactly my thoughts. I need a MN3011 to repair a DOD FX45 too and they're one of the only places to buy them on ebay.
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

muddyfox

Well... I didn't use that particular seller but did get a few jfets and 13700s and some other items from these guys.
http://www.utsource.net/

All working fine.
Whether it's the same seller and if it has any relevance to your BBD quest, I don't know. Just thought to put it out there.

GermanCdn

Same pictures, probably same guy.  Good to know, thanks muddy.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Scruffie

Quote from: ThePastRecedes on August 21, 2014, 09:06:45 PM
Exactly my thoughts. I need a MN3011 to repair a DOD FX45 too and they're one of the only places to buy them on ebay.
You sure it's the MN3011 that's gone?

There was some seller someone posted recently that did real MN3008s... they seemed to have terrible packing but hey, real chips!
Works at Lectric-FX

pickdropper

Quote from: Scruffie on August 21, 2014, 09:25:17 PM

There was some seller someone posted recently that did real MN3008s... they seemed to have terrible packing but hey, real chips!

Yeah, it was Cetron, if I remember correctly.  They shipped out of the US and the chips were $12 or so for a pair.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lincolnic

Quote from: pickdropper on August 21, 2014, 10:01:34 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on August 21, 2014, 09:25:17 PM

Yeah, it was Cetron, if I remember correctly.  They shipped out of the US and the chips were $12 or so for a pair.

Everyone who ordered from them got real chips, right? I may get a couple of pairs for the upcoming DBD.