News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

paradox TZF repair

Started by jryder, August 08, 2014, 04:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jryder

Greetings, I just registered on this forum, and I have a question about a pedal I am trying to get working.

I have a FoxRox Paradox TZF (flanger) pedal. I recently inherited the pedal from my dad. It has no visible signs of wear, and was kept in excellent condition. However, my problem is that I cannot get the pedal to turn on. I am using a 9VAC adapter (brand name Jameco- ReliaPro).

I'm interested in selling this peddle, as I understand it is somewhat rare and sought after. Do anyone have any advice on how I can get it working, or if needed, where I can find a reliable repair service?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chordball

Is the guy that does foxrox still in business? Back when I had a captain coconut the vibe section quit on me and he repaired it for free. I wasn't even the original owner.

Scruffie

If he's not, first step to repair will be to verify power is getting in to the circuit, I assume you have a multimeter?
Works at Lectric-FX

LaceSensor

Foxrox very much in business and Dave fix stands behind stuff 100%

I would not be suprised if he fixes it for free at all

lars

I don't think you have to worry too much about fixing it. Even in it's current state you will have no problem getting someone to pay handsomely for one of those. That is one of the most sought after flanger pedals of all time.

LaceSensor

Ill give you £250 for it broken   ;D

jryder

Thanks for the advice guys. Wow i knew it was rare.. but didn't know it was that rare. I actually contacted foxrox, and they said the most common cause of this issue is an incorrect power supply. I do not have a multimeter, but the guy from foxrox told me if I don't hear the 9VAC adapter "buzzing" when its plugged in, then it's probably not working (mine doesn't buzz). I'm ordering a new one online.. so I'm hoping that will be the easy fix. I'll be in further contact with Foxrox if it needs actual repairs done.. they seem pretty solid with customer support.

I'd prefer to have this badboy in working condition so I can get the most money for it.. and I also want to play it some before giving it away. Thanks again for the help.

LaceSensor

It's amazing, never sell it you fool!

m-Kresol

are you sure you have the centre pin of your power supply negative? many other devices use the pin for positive 9V... with most of these cheap all-in-one power source you can just take the jack of the cable and just insert back it 180° turned
hope that makes any sense...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

LaceSensor

Quote from: m-Kresol on August 12, 2014, 04:58:14 PM
are you sure you have the centre pin of your power supply negative? many other devices use the pin for positive 9V... with most of these cheap all-in-one power source you can just take the jack of the cable and just insert back it 180° turned

Its AC  NOT DC
so all that is irrelevent, sir.

m-Kresol

Quote from: LaceSensor on August 12, 2014, 05:41:41 PM
Quote from: m-Kresol on August 12, 2014, 04:58:14 PM

Its AC  NOT DC
so all that is irrelevent, sir.
oh, I've missed that. Sorry
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

lars

If you fix it and try it out, you'll never want to sell it, then none of us have a chance!

Govmnt_Lacky

Are there any good gut pics of this someplace? Would love to see some detailed under-hood shots!  8)

LaceSensor

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 14, 2014, 02:42:41 PM
Are there any good gut pics of this someplace? Would love to see some detailed under-hood shots!  8)

search...  some in the request thread for it (!)