News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smoothie

Started by flanagan0718, August 06, 2014, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey guys, I'm on a role here! Second build in a week! Anyways, this is a stock Smoothie. I   L O V E   Phasers and this is an easy but super fun build. The phase its self is subtle but its everything you look for in a phase 45. The enclosure is a 1590b pre-drilled I got from PPP. I only had to drill the DC jack and the LED holes. The 3PDT board is an etch I did from Selfdestroyer's layout (thanks again Cody). At the time, when I was populating the board) I didn't have some of the 1/8 watt resistor so that's why you see some standing ones on the board. This was a second attempt at cleaning up my act...the wiring.

jimilee

Great build! i love me some phasers also. I put a 45 and a 90 in one enclosure, you can get some awesome sounds like that.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Govmnt_Lacky

Why the white washer on the power jack?

I understand using it on an "outie" so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb but... why here?

Build looks super clean! I really like those low profile sloped LED bexels too!  ;)

flanagan0718

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 06, 2014, 04:18:45 PM
Why the white washer on the power jack?

I understand using it on an "outie" so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb but... why here?

Build looks super clean! I really like those low profile sloped LED bexels too!  ;)

Thanks! The reason for the washer on the jack is...not sure. I just did it. I don't like using them on the 3PDT's (actually gonna source some stainless washers for them) so I ton kicking around. just using them up I suppose.

Govmnt_Lacky

TIP:

The white washers make GREAT spacers for attaching aluminum knobs onto the pots! Just slip them under the knob close to the pot and tighten. Remove when done!  8)

I use 3 per knob to ensure equal space all around.

flanagan0718

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 06, 2014, 04:55:41 PM
TIP:

The white washers make GREAT spacers for attaching aluminum knobs onto the pots! Just slip them under the knob close to the pot and tighten. Remove when done!  8)

OOOOOOO! That is a good one. I also use them to boos the 3PDT just a bit. I remove all the nuts and washers then I put the white nylon one on. so when finished it goes: base of switch, nylon washer, nut, lock washer, enclosure, thin stainless washer, Nut. It sinks the threads in a bit but you still have enough clearance for the base plate.

Leevibe

Great looking build Mike! It's looking super clean and I bet it sounds killer.
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on August 06, 2014, 04:55:41 PM
TIP:

I use guitar picks for this

selfdestroyer

I use a piece of vero.. I love how we all have ghetto ways to accomplish the same goal. DIY is great!

Cody

flanagan0718