News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel rate mod (help me understand the circuit)

Started by H.E.L.Shane, May 06, 2013, 05:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H.E.L.Shane

OK.. so i've searched through the archives and found a couple references to speeding up the rate by changing C-19 or C-20 and I'm a bit confused as to which, exactly controls the rate as there is also reference to a Tonepad project which, i can't find a schematic for..

Anyway.. I want to LOWER my overall rate as i never have the pedal on more than about 2 with the current setup.  

Sooo... In the diagram below, (which is to the board i built off of), which of the capacitors is the "charge Sink" that controls the rate??

trying to understand the circuits rather than just build them.

My hunch is that its C19 because that is between pin 2 of the opamp and the rate pot and drains to ground

H.E.L.Shane

UUUGGHHH..   after geeking though a couple acticles on hos choruses work.... now.. i'm starting to think its C20....  LOL..

Im such a non functional nerd anymore...

jkokura

I think it's a combination of all of those parts, The R's and C's that is. I would honestly suggest breadboarding that section, then running wires from the PCB to the breadboard. Then you can play with all the values and find what you're looking for rate/depth wise.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

If you want to just shift the Rate further down the register, increase R35. Try 1M5 or 1M8.

H.E.L.Shane

Quote from: madbean on May 06, 2013, 10:22:54 PM
If you want to just shift the Rate further down the register, increase R35. Try 1M5 or 1M8.

I thinnk thats what i'm trying to do,

I'd like the maximum rate to be approximately half of what it is now..  and have more control over that half  (ie expand the control so that 0 is zero, but 10 is only half of what it is stock)

when i get my next smallbear order in, i'm going to socket those componenets and try different values.

I love this freakin pedal over the other pedals on my board, btw, I just have no use for the top 50% of the rate knob!!