News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First build - Cherrybomb

Started by gibson88, April 19, 2011, 02:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibson88

my first post and first pedal build..i just prepped the enclosure...the pcb arrived from brian (Thanks dude!)
im just waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive in my mail box. cant wait

my manga-inspired box (i just thought it'll be easier to paste something on the box instead of painting it)

am going to layer a couple more coats of lacquer and then its time to drill the holes. not sure if i should've drilled the holes first? anyway thats all for now   ;D

k.rock!

cool!! Great idea man :) reminds me of sgmezei's style with fabrics :P

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1389.0

Great job at your first pedal man!!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

sgmezei

Thats sweet man. I have an old wallet that was made out of a wonder woman comic (origami style). I must now attach it to something.

Looks great!

nzCdog

Quote from: gibson88 on April 19, 2011, 02:51:44 PM
am going to layer a couple more coats of lacquer and then its time to drill the holes. not sure if i should've drilled the holes first? anyway thats all for now   ;D
Wow awesome idea!  I would definately drill after applying the paper, otherwise it'd be reall tricky keeping the holes clear... you could do your last lacquer coat after drilling, to smooth things over maybe? 

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's a great idea! Very good execution.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gibson88

@Kaleb, bigmuff, nzcdog thanks for the comments!! i got a couple more layers of lacquer on today. going to get the correct drill bits, lacquer and then i suppose its just a long wait for the parts from mammoth electronics.

@sgmezei woah i love the skauger drive how did you get the graphics onto the box?

sgmezei

Its fabric buddy, I am not a good artist. I still draw stick men.

I have to ask you what your using for the clear coat laquer? I would like to try something different.

gibson88

i couldn't tell its fabric from the pics... didnt see any seams round the corners and edges, very neat!

I used some spray-on acrylic ( i think) lacquer. I can't say it worked a 100%, the paper started to crumple when the lacquer dried. i had to press and flatten it down after a couple of coats. should have used a stronger glue to hold the paper down.

sgmezei

Try ModPodge next time, it works great and is found at any craft store.