News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VIPfx Pastie Drive

Started by micromegas, August 02, 2014, 08:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

I built this one in April, but didn't feel like uploading the photos till today... ::)

Nothing but a Pasley Drive clone in a VIPFx board with a 1776's Opto-tron and a beautiful ColesBD enclosure.

You cannot see it in the photos, but the led matches the wiring... :D

I want to sell this one because it does not fit my rig... (plus I have many other drives that I like better), but I love that enclosure (I wish Ben had more of those)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

selfdestroyer

This is a great looking build inside and out. What's funny is I just got my C25K pots in last night and finished mine also. Now I just need to box it. I really enjoyed the sound of this OD and unlike you, I may hold on to it. I am sure you will be able to flip this quick since it looks so clean and there are tons of people looking for that Trainwreck sound.

Cody

micromegas

Thank you Cody, I do like some settings on this OD, but only one combination of both switches sounds ok to me.  It also has more gain than I expected and I prefer my zendrive or the NOC3 Firefly for lead work.

TGP39

That is the cleanest/most beautiful populated pcb I have ever seen. It looks like a model you would advertise in a magazine. How do you do that?  I try to keep my parts straight when I solder, but this is magnificent. Great job.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

micromegas

Quote from: TGP39 on August 03, 2014, 03:09:14 AM
That is the cleanest/most beautiful populated pcb I have ever seen. It looks like a model you would advertise in a magazine. How do you do that?  I try to keep my parts straight when I solder, but this is magnificent. Great job.

Thank you. Soldering is something I do to relax when I get home at night.

The tools I use: electricians tape, a pair of wooden clothes pegs and no rush.

Leevibe

Your attention to detail on this is truly inspiring. This is such a classy pedal in and out.

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

wgc

Nice!

I know some guys use blue tak to hold things in place, haven't tried it myself but I can't imagine it not working well
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings