News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Wrecktifier

Started by Hogharry, January 01, 2015, 10:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogharry

Triple Wreck clone that I built as a Christmas present for my son. It's a great sounding distortion with very effective tone controls. The PCB allows you to build it with the stock boost, no boost or a separate boost of your choice. I started with the stock boost, which has a fixed gain and the pot sweeps from an OD style tone to a fuzz. Sounded horrible to me, so I swapped it out for the LPB attached to the pot, which works very nicely. There's a Road Rage tucked under the main board pumping the distortion side up to 18V.

...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

alanp

:o :o That looks like a bloody scary build (and this is me saying this!)

On ya :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Kind of a weird PCB layout that PedalParts has done there but you did a great job implementing it. Love the art work also.

Cody

juansolo

Yep, that is hands down one of the weirdest layouts ever! Impressive!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bcalla

That is a strange layout, but a very cool build.  I love the graphics.

Hogharry

Quote from: alanp on January 01, 2015, 11:48:11 PM
:o :o That looks like a bloody scary build (and this is me saying this!)

On ya :)
High praise indeed! In fact everything worked first go. The tricky part came when I changed the boost because there's so much off-board wiring I managed to break a wire off. Then broke another fixing it...

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 02, 2015, 01:17:07 AM
Kind of a weird PCB layout that PedalParts has done there but you did a great job implementing it. Love the art work also.

Cody
I think it's just the upside down footswitch mounting that makes it look weird. It's actually a well thought out layout with PCB mounted switches, LEDs and CLRs, all the boost options and 9V/18V inputs included.

The background image is cropped from a photo that I took a few months back. It's the river Medway estuary about 2 miles from here. Probably the nearest wreck to my house.
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...