News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

finding last few sunking parts

Started by jtn191, April 17, 2011, 05:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

For some reason I'm having a tough time finding 1uF electrolytic caps (c9-11, c18-21) and IC3: ICL7660SCPA for my sunking build. I've checked smallbear, mammoth, and tayda...is mouser the only option??

petesz

1uf = 1mf here: http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=1070

And this is an alternative to the other charge pump: http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=244
I havnt used this specific chip but it says on the sunking build docs it'll work!

:)

petesz

Also to find the tc1044 at futurlec just type "TC1044" into the search box itll come up as LTC1044 but its what i used in my sunking build and works great! :)

Or to find the 7660 just type "7660" into the search box and it comes straight up!

jtn191

cool thanks for the help. those caps are 50v, right?

bigmufffuzzwizz

just ordered those ICL7660SCPA from futurlec and they did actually send me the right ones. But the tc1044 chips were kinda pricey so I didn't grab any. If you find a good source for those let me know, I've got a fatpants that wants building too!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

sprayfe

I was given a mouser BOM for all the resistors and caps.
shoot me an email if you'd like a copy- I've used it a LOT!

jtn191

I think I'll get by finding these last couple parts, but I appreciate it. I'm hesitant to order from Futurlec because of their reputation for slow shipping times...but could use some of those passive value packs.

Also, I was unaware of Mouser's BOM/save cart (?) function, but maybe a database thread of all the projects' BOMs would make this forum even more noob friendly (for noobier noobs). just a thought  8)

Myramyd

If ordering from Small Bear you would get a MAXX1044 for the IC.
Http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=244

1uF Caps are easy to find. You can get those at Radio Shack if you are desperate. (Assuming you're in the US)

J

bigmufffuzzwizz

after doing a little research it seems like $3.50 is about as cheap as max1044a chips are gonna be unless you are buying in bulk from smallbear. ebay are $5.50!! They can't all be really cheap.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals