News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mammoth Screen Printing?

Started by BuGG, May 02, 2014, 04:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuGG

Has anyone here had any screen printing done by Mammoth lately?

I'm planning to get a batch of 10 enclosures and want to know what others think of the quality of work?

jkokura

Go with Pedal Parts Plus.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

BuGG

I've looked at PPP but they don't offer the particular powder color I need for this project.    They do have a lot of really cool ones, just not the one I need this time.     

I've gotten several powdercoated enclosures from Mammoth and never had any problems there but I don't know a thing about their screen printing.

However, if your statement was a "nice" way of commenting on their quality then I may have to reconsider.  I need to just break down and get some screens, emulsion, and ink.....     ;D

pickdropper

I haven't used Mammoth's screen printing service, but I had so many issues with the quality of their powder coat that I stopped buying from them. 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

BuGG

What sort of problems did you have with the powder coat?

I suppose so far I've been lucky...  I think I've ordered about 6 different enclosures from them and haven't had any problems yet.

You guys got me worried now.    :o

pickdropper

I had a lot of chipping issues with the powder coat , which is something I don't run into with PPP finishes.  To date , I've only had one Mammoth enclosure that hasn't chipped, even with light use.
Function f(x)

Leevibe

PPP powder coating is great! I've only ever had one enclosure with a problem and they promptly replaced it, taking my word that the problem came from their end. I've never had chips and I don't mask around holes when I drill. I never get swirl from the shavings. That tells me their powder coat is tough.

murdog47

I attempted to use them but the customer service was terrible so I decided against it. I'm currently using PPP and they have been great

pickdropper

Quote from: Leevibe on May 02, 2014, 09:16:17 PM
PPP powder coating is great! I've only ever had one enclosure with a problem and they promptly replaced it, taking my word that the problem came from their end. I've never had chips and I don't mask around holes when I drill. I never get swirl from the shavings. That tells me their powder coat is tough.

Yeah, I've probably used 20x more enclosures from PPP and none have chipped yet.  At some point it will probably happen, but it will be the first in a very large sample.
Function f(x)

Bufferz

I too have had problems with powdercoat from mammoth. Also, I tried the pre drilling and it wasn't perfectly precise - which is fine in one sense - but not in another as it is a paid service and the whole point of pre-drilled for me is precision
affiliations: TFX

Leevibe

Quote from: Bufferz on May 02, 2014, 09:59:26 PM
I too have had problems with powdercoat from mammoth. Also, I tried the pre drilling and it wasn't perfectly precise - which is fine in one sense - but not in another as it is a paid service and the whole point of pre-drilled for me is precision

Wow, if I paid someone else to drill for me, the point would have to be perfectly precise holes. Anyone can drill holes almost in the right place!

pickdropper

I've only used their drilling services once (for a BYOC build).  I had the mill the footswitch holes 0.020" or 0.030" in order to fit the board in.  I think they were done very quickly with a unibit as well as the metal was basically torn up and raised to the point that the nuts on top wouldn't screw down.  I was able to eventually deburr it, but I probably spent more time cleaning it up than I would have drilling it in the first place.

To their credit, they sent me a replacement enclosure and let me keep the one I reworked. 
Function f(x)

peAk

I have had enclosures chip from Mammoth.

Bufferz

One thing I like about them is the selection and ease of ordering. It's a good website that is easy to navigate, for this reason I purchase my powder coats from them regularly. I just bought some polished aluminum 125bs from smallbear though that are really nice.
affiliations: TFX

aeroemi

Hi guys,
I know that most of you prefer PPP over Mammoth; but I'd prefer (for several reason) to use the custom graphic service of Mammoth... Has anyone tried it so far? Because I doubt I follow the correct procedure to order a customized enclosure, and here it is (step by step):
1) I choose an enclosure size
2) I choose a color
3) I choose "No drilling"
4) I choose "White ink" in enclosure face painting
5) I tick the checkbox and upload the graphic layout
6) I add to cart the pedals.

And here is my cart; you can see all the options I selected, but the "Upload" voice is empty....  :'( :'( :'(

HELP!!