News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy Deluxe w/Road Rage in a 1590BB?

Started by peAk, June 24, 2014, 04:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Trying to decide what enclosure I want to use for this AB Deluxe w/Road Rage.

Is it possible to fit it all into a 1590BB? If it's a lot of trouble, I may just go with one of these bigger slanted enclosures I have.

I looked through the build reports but didn't see any.

GrindCustoms

You should be able to fit the roadrage under the ABDX pcb without any issue, if you don't have short electros just lay them on their side.

I have'nt use a RoadRage in mine, but i built 15Vreg/Filtering setup that is hidden under the board so i can use the available 18V outlets on my PSUs.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

flanagan0718

If you need some small ele caps I might have a couple. If not Paul (chromsphere) has a bunch in his web store. you should be fine though. There should be enough room in the BB for the RR and the ABDX. I believe MB has a RR3PDT switch board now. That might save you a headache or two.

Stomptown

I would also get some double sided foam tape so you can secure the road rage in place and keep the bottom side from shorting out on the enclosure. There may be better ways I don't know about but this seems to work fine...

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Stomptown on June 24, 2014, 08:49:45 PM
I would also get some double sided foam tape so you can secure the road rage in place and keep the bottom side from shorting out on the enclosure. There may be better ways I don't know about but this seems to work fine...

+1

It's all i use and with time it just get stiffer fixed inside, reliable solution.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Stomptown

Another option might me the 3PRR (madbeans new 3pdt mounted road rage). It looks like you could fit it in there!

peAk

Guys, thanks for the info.

I still may go with a slightly larger enclosure just to have a little extra space to work with.

flanagan0718

Quote from: peAk on June 25, 2014, 01:21:40 PM

I still may go with a slightly larger enclosure just to have a little extra space to work with.
Everything is bigger in Texas! hahaha sorry I had to  ;)

peAk

Quote from: flanagan0718 on June 25, 2014, 01:47:02 PM

Everything is bigger in Texas! hahaha sorry I had to  ;)

ahaha...funny that you mentioned that because I just finished a Wolfshirt and it's in one of those huge octagon Hammond enclosures  :o

Stomptown

That will just give you more room for creativity and artwork! I used to be into squeezing projects into the smallest possible enclosure but I finally realized that it's not necessary. I only use 6-8 effects on my board so why worry about it....

Check out this enclusure; it would be a nice alternative with some extra room:
http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1590Q.pdf

peAk

Quote from: Stomptown on June 26, 2014, 04:50:51 AM

That will just give you more room for creativity and artwork! I used to be into squeezing projects into the smallest possible enclosure but I finally realized that it's not necessary. I only use 6-8 effects on my board so why worry about it....

Check out this enclusure; it would be a nice alternative with some extra room:
http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/1590Q.pdf

that's nice size Jon, will have to check into that.

timbo_93631

1790's are also nice for a little more room.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups