News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shared OshPark projects user pages

Started by icecycle66, June 20, 2014, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Quote from: culturejam on June 21, 2014, 03:22:20 AM
OSHpark needs to institute a "profit sharing" program for boards ordered from the shared projects. It would probably be a pain to implement, but it would also likely generate a lot more shared projects and orders.

^ This.  I've often thought this myself. An idea like this would work for everyone, oshpark, the designer and the community at large.  Maybe its on their to do list.

Edit: been meaning to add a new board for a while, this isn't an effect just another 'utility' board, and is a painfully simple idea.  Use the board to change spacing on project pcb's from 9mm to 16mm and obviously, the other way around as well.
https://www.oshpark.com/profiles/diyguitarpedals
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

alanp

It's been percolating at the back of my mind, and I think that if OSH did, it would encourage excellence on the part of people uploading shared projects.

Why?

Think about it. You're doing a project, and think, other people might be interested? So do you do half-pai docs, or thorough documentation that would entice and help potential customers? Because, if people have a choice, they aren't going to pick a crappy board with half-ass docs that is hard to understand (which is why Brian has done so well -- his docs are excellent, as are his boards, and the culture he has fostered here.)

Mind you, this is assuming the Shared page on osh gets a lot better than the last time I looked.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

derevaun

I agree that a cafepress-styled markup system would be a net gain, but it seems incompatible with OSH Park's ideals. 123D Circuits has a system like that, but their fab prices are much, much higher than OSH Park.

I wish there were a simple "verified" tag for OSH Park projects. And a simple way to contact project owners.

I've updated my shared projects with schematics and vital info. I suspect simply PMing each other is the best way to vet the ready-to-build-ness of shared projects. I know I have a few caveats and quirks in my stuff that may or may not be important to others considering whether to spring for three boards.

Droogie

This is what can happen if you sit in front of  a computer all day at work with significant downtime (left out utility projects). Enjoy:

Alanp oshpark.com/profiles/alanp — Docs
Tremopanation
Sea Flea
Rissole
Minvache
Horace (Cheese Source)
Doppleganger 1.4

Chi-Boy oshpark.com/profiles/Chi_Boy
Direct Drive   No Doc

Chuckbuick oshpark.com/profiles/chuckbuick
Osmium (SMD Tight Metal)   Doc

Coldcraft oshpark.com/profiles/Coldcraft
TFX Preamp   No Doc

Culture Jam oshpark.com/profiles/culturejam — Schems
Neptune Delay
Fuzz Rite
Shoot the Moon
Big Daddy
Muffin

DC10 oshpark.com/profiles/dc10
Slow Gear    No Doc

Derevaun oshpark.com/profiles/derevaun — Schems
Charge Pump (for Tubes)
Relay Switcher
Tonebender Mk ii

gjcamman    oshpark.com/profiles/gjcamann
Manning Boost    Doc

irmcdermott oshpark.com/profiles/irmcdermott
buffer/splitter   Schem

jimilee oshpark.com/profiles/jimilee
Pocket Pounder (Cricket)   No Doc

jkokura oshpark.com/profiles/jkokura
Demo Rat    No Doc

jubal81 oshpark.com/profiles/Jubal81
Ant Driver (cable buffer) No Doc

Matt_V oshpark.com/profiles/Matt_V   Docs
Nano Driver (OCD)
Optofet Squeezer

Midway Fair oshpark.com/profiles/midwayfair
Tap Tempo Cardinal   No Doc

Mikepo oshpark.com/profiles/mikepo
Moose   No Doc

mmolteratx oshpark.com/profiles/mmolteratx — No Docs
Cro-Magnon (Caveman Dist)
Dumbloid
Haunting Mids
Rat4k
Muff Switch

Plesur oshpark.com/profiles/plesur — Docs
Compulator
Feta Complis

Pryde oshpark.com/profiles/pryde
Subtlety Drive   Doc

Rockit Frog oshpark.com/profiles/Rockit-Frog
Scramjet   Doc

Rullywowr oshpark.com/profiles/rullywowr — Docs
fo_SHO
EA Tremolo

Stadams oshpark.com/profiles/stadams
Great Vengance Distortion   No Doc

Stomptown oshpark.com/profiles/Stomptown
Mosfet Boost   Doc

Tanner Blair oshpark.com/profiles/TannerBlair
CE2   No Doc

Thee3secondrule oshpark.com/profiles/thee3secondrule
Swedish Chainsaw (Boss HM2)   Doc

Vick oshpark.com/profiles/Vick
Karma Dirve (Zen)   No Doc
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

electrosonic

I think I read somewhere that Laen was planning on overhauling the shared section of OSH Park. It would be great if users could rate the shared projects and maybe forums linked to each shared project to allow users to discuss them.

Andrew.

icecycle66

lincolnic

Thanks Droogie! Someone should sticky that post.

dont-tase-me-bro

Noob here.  On Deveraun's mkii tonebender, do the pots go fuzz, bias, and volume from left to right?

Thanks,
Pat
I thought this would save me money.

derevaun

That's right. Fuzz is usually called Attack, for what it's worth. I did the layout assuming I would use vertical board mounted pots, with the PCB perpendicular to the floor. I think right angle pots would work too, but I haven't tried it.

I have a couple boards sitting around here. PM me your address and I'll send you one.