News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green Bean TS9 Mods

Started by BuzzKing, June 23, 2014, 03:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuzzKing

I am building a Green Bean for a friend of mine. He swears by his vintage TS9 so I want to make this a "better" TS9. So I want to make some modifications. I have some thoughts and some questions on how to accomplish this.

1) Replace R15 with 470 ohm resistor
2) Replace R16 with with 100K resistor
3) Omit AS/SYM switch and extra diodes. Which pads on the switch do I jumper - the two round pads or the middle round pad and the square pad? Which diodes do I omit?
4) Omit FAT switch and extra capacitor. Which pads on the switch do I jumper - the two round pads or the middle round pad and the square pad? I can omit C5 correct?

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
BuzzKing

Vallhagen

Quote from: BuzzKing on June 23, 2014, 03:30:36 PM
I am building a Green Bean for a friend of mine. He swears by his vintage TS9 so I want to make this a "better" TS9. So I want to make some modifications. I have some thoughts and some questions on how to accomplish this.

1) Replace R15 with 470 ohm resistor
2) Replace R16 with with 100K resistor
3) Omit AS/SYM switch and extra diodes. Which pads on the switch do I jumper - the two round pads or the middle round pad and the square pad? Which diodes do I omit?
4) Omit FAT switch and extra capacitor. Which pads on the switch do I jumper - the two round pads or the middle round pad and the square pad? I can omit C5 correct?

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
BuzzKing

3) if you dont want asym clipping, skip D1, D2 and D3 but keep D4 and D5. Then you shall jumper 2-3 on the omitted comp switch. I dont remember if that is left+middle or right+middle on the pcb layout though. I dont think the pads are marked 1-2-3. Measure with your DMM.

4) Just skip C5 and the physical switch. No need to jumper anything.

Cheers
Bengt
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

BuzzKing

Bengt,

Thanks for you response. Looking at the pcb traces / schematic in the PDF file if I don't jumper the 2 round holes on the fat switch then R6 and R21 won't be in the circuit. Are these resistors not necessary if I don't have the switch? I must admit I can build better than I understand these circuits so I just want to be sure.

Looking at the traces for the AS/SYM switch I need to jumper the two round holes as well.

Thanks,
BuzzKing

Stomptown

R6: You actually do need to jumper across the two round fat switch pads

R21: is unnecessary if you leave out the switch. I am not certain what it does, but I am positive you can leave it off...

BuzzKing

Vallhagen

Quote from: Stomptown on June 24, 2014, 03:43:13 AM
R6: You actually do need to jumper across the two round fat switch pads

R21: is unnecessary if you leave out the switch. I am not certain what it does, but I am positive you can leave it off...

Right! I stand corrected.

Actually, i was looking at the "old" version/schematic of the Green Bean (thats the one i have myself, dated 09.26.11), and the newer one (which i am sure you refer to) has a different routing! "My old" fat switch is an SPST.

So, i take back my previous post. Thanx for correcting me.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/