News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by irmcdermott, June 14, 2014, 10:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

My love of Reverends continues. Added a SixGun III to the family.

And here is the family picture. L to R: SixGun III, Sensei 290, Tricky Gomez, Buckshot

Leevibe

Holy smokes that's cool! I love Reverends. Nice score.

jimilee

Looks nice, how does it sound. I'm curious because of  the strat look and set up.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

stevie1556

Very nice guitar! :)

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

selfdestroyer

I think Reverends are one of the few brands today that are making some really unique guitars that don't look to crazy and seem functional. I will have to try one out some day.

Cody

mjcyates

Nice guitar. I love Reverends. I have a Reverend Warhawk that is my most played guitar.

pryde

Great guitar, congrats.

I have had a few Reverends in my shop just for setups and one needed fret job and I have to say they are really good guitars for the money. I like that Tricky Gomez  :)

irmcdermott

Thanks guys! I had to leave for a work trip to Orange County, CA, so I've only had about 30minutes to play through it before I left, but I really do love it.

Quote from: jimilee on June 15, 2014, 04:49:06 AM
Looks nice, how does it sound. I'm curious because of  the strat look and set up.

It is their S-style guitar, and they flat out say it. There are a bunch of reasons why I love their guitars, but one of them is their pickups. The bridge pickup is a little hotter, and warmer/less harsh when you are just on that pickup. I thing the Middle and Neck are warmer than other Strat types I've played, too. And then there is the Bass Contour control on all Reverends that you can just turn up to really fatten out the sound. I'm a Joe Naylor fanboy, and I fully admit that, haha.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on June 15, 2014, 09:54:08 PM
I think Reverends are one of the few brands today that are making some really unique guitars that don't look to crazy and seem functional. I will have to try one out some day.

Cody

Yeah. I love them. Was first introduced to them when a fellow band member got a USA model (the exact model escapes me), but it was something special. Then a lot of people in the bands that we ran around with started playing them. Really great guitars at great prices.

Quote from: mjcyates on June 16, 2014, 12:31:50 AM
Nice guitar. I love Reverends. I have a Reverend Warhawk that is my most played guitar.

Thanks! I definitely want to add a Warhawk at some point. Which one to you have? The RT, or 390? To quote a friend, this one "does things to my insides"

Quote from: pryde on June 16, 2014, 12:53:01 AM
Great guitar, congrats.

I have had a few Reverends in my shop just for setups and one needed fret job and I have to say they are really good guitars for the money. I like that Tricky Gomez  :)

The tricky is one of my favorites too. I always wanted a semi-hollow body and when they released that it was a "gotta have it" purchase, haha.

mjcyates

That is a very cool guitar. Here is my Warhawk. They don't make this version anymore. I bought this when they first came out with their import line.