News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I need inspiration for enclosure artwork

Started by blearyeyes, June 09, 2014, 04:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

I've been looking for Brass. Thin brass, pieces of brass or anything I can use to get a better finished enclosure other than decal, vinyl sticker, etc. I can't seem to find anything here in Southern California other than large order giant companies.. Anyone have a suggestion to help me? I've been considering dumpster diving at metal working plants but...uh well you know..  :-\

GammaFlex

Other than butchering a tuba... that's a tough one.

I'd look at maybe finding a place that sources out things like copper sheets? Maybe a metal supplier will sell some thin pieces of brass that'll easily cut/fold.

haveyouseenhim

I have a couple sheets of brass and nickel plated brass. Pm me and it's yours. ;)

Its some nice shiney stuff from hobby lobby.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

Matt

Another option if anyone is looking in the future.

http://www.stuller.com/products/36-1556/?groupId=18291

Unless of course hobby lobby is cheaper
Matt

haveyouseenhim

Pm received.    I LIED!   It will cost something.    PIF ;)
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

blearyeyes

Any suggestions regarding copper/Brass for artwork.. I picked up a set of letter punches and want any input on how to make stuff.

I picked up some Acrylic paint and brushes... any tips?

davent

I've picked up small sheets (4"x6") and small diameter tubes of thin brass at hobby/model stores.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?