News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Soldering on the road...

Started by rullywowr, June 12, 2014, 03:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Been traveling a lot for work lately. I find myself here in Salt Lake City, UT with a brand new laptop and the power supply managed to break the tip off.  I have a bunch of important presentations tomorrow and of course the adapter is "special" and nobody has it in stock. What's a DIY guy to do?   Pop by radio shack and pick up the required equipment to fix it of course!  A bit of macgyver action, some solder, some stranded wire, and it's charging!  So happy as the laptop is vital to my trip here.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

rullywowr

Been traveling a lot for work lately. I find myself here in Salt Lake City, UT with a brand new laptop and the power supply managed to break the tip off.  I have a bunch of important presentations tomorrow and of course the adapter is "special" and nobody has it in stock. What's a DIY guy to do?   Pop by radio shack and pick up the required equipment to fix it of course!  A bit of macgyver action, some solder, some stranded wire, and it's charging!  So happy as the laptop is vital to my trip here.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Stomptown

Sweet! Next you will have to build a pedal on the road! I travel a lot as well and I keep telling myself I'm going to do it. Then I realize how much of a pita it would be and crack open eagle instead!  :D

kothoma