News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Footswitchable Octave on Retrograde

Started by HailToTheBlues, June 26, 2014, 10:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Are you using the standard madbean wiring for your main 3pdt stomp? Ground goes from dc negative to input sleeve to lugs 2,3 and 6 of the main stomp. At that point you should be able to ground the secondary LED to the enclosure or input jack.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

HailToTheBlues

My input jack's sleeve is not connected to the dc jack, because the retrograde has two solder points to connect the dc jack, so there's no need. I'm using the standard wiring, but not the first one, i'm using the second one. I've connected the negative lead of the led to the 3pdt lug where the input jack's sleeve is connected, and now the led is connected to ground, but it is still not lighting up.

HailToTheBlues

Here is the pic you asked for, if you need a better one, just ask.

Note: The 2pdt switch is upside down, but it is wired just like the first diagram i posted. Also, i soldered the led ground, to the input jack's sleeve.

HailToTheBlues

jimilee

Did we ask if the led was wired backwards? I've done that more times than I care to admit, and it's usually the complex builds I do it on.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

HailToTheBlues

It is not wired backwards, but today i went to check if it was still working, by touching the leads of the led+CRL with a battery snap, and nothing. Don't know if this time i've done something wrong, but well, i may have broken the led when i was trying to fix the ground issue. I'm going to get a new led and test it, and if i it doesn't light up again, i'll update this thread again. In the meantime, thanks for all the help!