News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by selfdestroyer, June 07, 2014, 10:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Got the Squier Classic Vibe loaded body in a trade a week ago and got the neck in yesterday. I am really happy with this thing. I am only about $160 into this and have not trouble putting a few hundred more into it to make it a daily player. Its been years since I have had a strat and I really wanted to add one to my arsenal. I figured this would be a great modding platform since it is a solid alder body and feels overall better than any Mexican strat I have played.

Next up is a new bridge and some pickups with new wiring. Cant wait to get this done.

Cody

GrindCustoms

I'm really not a strat guy (well... it might grow on me at some point) but that white with anodized gold pickguard looks really nice!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GrindCustoms on June 07, 2014, 11:57:31 PM
I'm really not a strat guy (well... it might grow on me at some point) but that white with anodized gold pickguard looks really nice!

I definitely agree, I am not a strat guy either but there is a "Sound" I chase and I can get it with my dads Strat so I figured its time to get one for around the house. I am so used to walking into my music room and picking up my SG, that may change for a bit.

Cody

ian_guga

they are great even without upgrades. The only downsides are the skinny trem block and the pots/switch.

I traded the one I had and I can't say I'm very happy that I did... It did feel nicer than the mex strats I have.
Pickups are surprisingly good... the plastics IMHO are disgusting.

my lab loves fuzz

selfdestroyer

Quote from: ian_guga on June 08, 2014, 12:54:21 AM
they are great even without upgrades. The only downsides are the skinny trem block and the pots/switch.

I traded the one I had and I can't say I'm very happy that I did... It did feel nicer than the mex strats I have.
Pickups are surprisingly good... the plastics IMHO are disgusting.

Agreed about the plastics. I think I am going to with a true white or eggshell and ditch that crappy antique white plastics that are on here. That will be a few weeks out. For now, I am just going to play the heck out of it and have a better idea what i want/need to replace.

PhiloB

Congratulations!  Beautiful guitar.

Leevibe

jkokura

That's brilliant!

Strats are really, really easy to work on if you want to tinker with them. It's pretty hard to mess them up! I think that's the genius of the design Leo came up with, and for Tele's too - every part is easy to replace and the whole guitar is easy to reassemble and fix.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Kinki fuzz

It's rare to hear (read!) me say this from a Strat, but that guitar looks killer! Love the pickguard

Enviado desde mi HP Slate 7 mediante Tapatalk

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer