News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NAD!

Started by PhiloB, June 03, 2014, 01:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

Picked up a VHT Special 6 today for $80.  In beautiful shape.  I was going to try out my newly acquired Fender Oxford? Speaker but the internal speaker out is 16ohms.  Thinking of rewiring the internal speaker out to the 8ohm output.  I'm going to play the stock speaker for a little while because it actually sounds pretty good!  Including a link to a soundcloud sample. 
http://soundcloud.com/resuggan/vht-stock-speaker/s-ZNrMD
Here is a couple pics and it's bigger bro.

jubal81

Nice score! That's a heckuva deal.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

PhiloB

I had to drive 25 mins to his small town.  He was having trouble selling it.  He stated that no one knew what a 'VHT' was.  He seemed very glad to get $80 for it.  Win/win I suppose.  I found it while searching outside the Memphis area.  I got my Epiphone Dot with Gibson USA 490r/t pickups the same way.  Had to drive a little while for the Dot but got a great deal.

atreidesheir

Couldn't happen to a better guy.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

PhiloB

Thanks Chuck.  Glad our paths crossed.

Leevibe

Congratulations!

selfdestroyer

I have heard great things about that amp and TGP was going crazy on it since it is a handwired layout. Nice score man. Enjoy it.

Cody