News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tremsetter

Started by peAk, June 02, 2014, 01:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

Anyone use one?

If so, how do you like it and and easy/difficult was it to install?

I have two Strats that I am thinking about getting one for.

Thanks

peAk

RobA

I had one in one of my guitars and it does help some. But in the end, it wasn't enough for me so I ended up blocking the tailpiece instead. I have pretty heavy gauge strings on that guitar. I don't know if that makes things better or worse for the tremsetter.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Leevibe

Never heard of that before but it looks interesting. I'm wanting to get into a strat as soon as I can afford one. I'll be curious to know what you think of this device if you install one. Are you having problems with intonation? I've been reading up on how to set up a strat trem. It looks like they're finnicky but if you get them dialed they're supposed to stay in tune pretty well.

GermanCdn

I had one of those and of the simple brass angle models.  Can't say it really did a lot for me.  I don't float many of my trems, I tend to deck them with just enough spring tension to get them back.  Two of my Carvins are floating and they are setup so as to not need a tremsetter.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

peAk

I have two Strats, one 80's one with a Kahler trem (yes, Fender actually released some models with these) and a standard trem on my other strat.

They both stay in tune pretty well with moderate use of the tremolo bar but I was just curious if this thing was worth it. I am not a tremolo dive bomb type of guitar player so it isn't a huge issue.

If I would have had a bunch of you guys come on here and tell me that they are the best thing since slice bread, I may have tried it out.

So kind of undecided at this point.

oldhousescott

I put one on my Zion Powerglide with the Floyd Rose. Makes it much easier to tune.