News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pepper Spray + What?

Started by Natman, May 20, 2014, 07:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natman

I'm building a Pepper Spray (just waiting for some parts in the mail). I want to pair it up with another effect in a single enclosure but I can't decide which.   

I have a Red Rooster clone and a Sunking board that might be good candidates. I will use a 4PDT so that I can run one into the other, or vice-versa.   

My main problem is that I don't know where the Pepper Spray will work best -first in chain or last? My Klon sounded best last as a clean boost, but the Red Rooster sounded better first to goose other pedals.

What say you? 

nieradka

The pepper spray works best first in the chain. You lose some of its specialness when its behind other effects.

Morgan

A booster pairs well with it, placed after the pepper spray. Mine did not have a tone of volume on tap.
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

Natman

Almost done! I decided to pair the Perc with Sunking, also nearing completion. You can see how a 50 V electrolytic is too big for this layout and the 2N3565 hangs off the edge. I was going to socket these like the 2N404A, but too complicated. I spent a little on NOS parts, hope it pays off.     

There's nothing worse than ordering the wrong parts from Mouser. Somehow I never noticed that some small caps were surface mounted!  :-[ I've got Berr Brown chips in there now because I liked them a lot in some previous pedals. Going with bat41 diodes to start.