News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What software for creating build docs?

Started by the3secondrule, May 26, 2014, 08:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the3secondrule

Hey guys, I'm wanting to do some build docs for a couple of my PCB projects, rather than just using the BOM exported from eagle?

What software do you guys use for your pro looking build docs? (I'm on a mac, BTW)

Cheers!
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

rullywowr

I use MS word but also use Excel for organizing the BOM.  Graphics and drill templates are massaged in a graphics program - I prefer Corel lately for that. In word I just save as PDF and it's a wrap.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

muddyfox

Exactly what I do, only I use Photoshop.
It can get as complicated and fancy as you like, as I'm sure you're aware. I do the bare minimum but if I was selling boards 4real, I'd spiffy them up some.

flanagan0718

Microsoft word for the content, you can insert a table for the BOM, and I use eagle and export the etch image and board image then I insert them into the MS word doc. The I arrange and print to PDF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

culturejam

Quote from: flanagan0718 on May 26, 2014, 11:20:45 PM
Microsoft word for the content, you can insert a table for the BOM, and I use eagle and export the etch image and board image then I insert them into the MS word doc. The I arrange and print to PDF.

This is what I do as well. I occasionally use Photoshop if something fancy needs to get graphic'd up.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

the3secondrule

"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

alanp

I'm massively lazy. Open office, and liberal abuse of the Gimp on a MS Paint level of skill. Export to PDF, and it's a wrap. If I can do it, anyone can :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

RobA

I'm guessing this isn't going to be the most popular set of choices, but I use a combination of plotting the schematic straight from KiCAD to a pdf, gerbv to get a pdf of the layout, and TeXShop with ConTeXt to do the document layout.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).