News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My first 2 in 1

Started by PhiloB, May 22, 2014, 01:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Great job inside and out. I love the artwork and color of this also. You got the waterslide process down to an art now. I love how the transparent colors still show the sparkles.

Cody

upthepunxxx

Great job holmes! Are those jacks from Tayda?
Wake up and smell the noise!!

PhiloB

Thanks Selfdestroyer.  The difficulty with transparent waterslide is anticipating color... Originally the accents were orange, add the blue of the box bleeding through the orange and you get what you see above.  If you use a darker color there will just be certain colors you can't get.  I'm learning.
And yes they are Tayda Jacks, they require a little attention (bending) sometimes to make a solid connection but seem fine other than that.

juansolo

Odd that, we don't have a problem with the Envirotex shrinking. Not sure what might cause that.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

muddyfox

Quote from: PhiloB on May 22, 2014, 04:58:21 PM
Entire top, no sides

Seeing how I messed up my first ET job by putting on too much, it got me thinking and I took advantage of the certain property of fluids, namely surface tension. I decided to spread the ET over the sticker only and make sure it was indeed up to the very edge. On one hand, surface tension will keep it nicely from flowing over the sides (unless there's really too much of it). On the other hand, it would also "stick" to the edge of the sticker. Turned out great, exactly as expected. Sure, not all the way to the edge of the box but absolutely no wiping drips! Physics FTW!  ;D

That said... granted, I've only done a few boxes. But I just can't see why it would shrink? Maybe you didn't plug the holes and it's leaking inside the box?

PhiloB

I made the mistake of not plugging the holes well enough once:) made a real mess not to me too looked bad around the holes.  Wonder if it has to do with the name brand - I'm not using 'Envirotex'.  Can't remember the name off hand, maybe Parks

midwayfair

That's a really beautiful enclosure. :)

Gledison

Quote from: PhiloB on May 22, 2014, 07:21:46 PM
I made the mistake of not plugging the holes well enough once:) made a real mess not to me too looked bad around the holes.  Wonder if it has to do with the name brand - I'm not using 'Envirotex'.  Can't remember the name off hand, maybe Parks
Great work and congrats for the first multi!
look, i had the same problem with a epoxy resin like envirotex. i've done the top and the sides and i had a shrinkage on the edges. it could be the resin. they can have diff formulations and i know that some can shrink more than others... What i did, was to pour a little bit more on the edges after done. Still not happy with it. my best coatings are still with automotive rattle spray can, but needs a lot of coatings...
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

peAk

televisiondown

Looks great! I think the wiring looks clean, too. Really nice job :D
"Be more constructive with your feedback, please" ~Jemaine Clement

PhiloB