News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

'Rock it before you box it!'

Started by PhiloB, May 22, 2014, 03:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

I noticed it does fill up a bit quick but with the sucking power, its worth it. I have been through a couple solder suckers and this one has really stood out and I would definitely buy another if needed.

Cody

rullywowr

It's small?  Looks so big in the pics.  I got one in the cart now.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

muddyfox

Looks pretty tiny to me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keQBjmE4fKg

Cody, how long does one silicone tube last? Should I get replacement ones immediately?

davent

Yes, they work great, it's just that if i grab it in my fist like i would with the big-old-worked-poorly sucker i had, it's dissappears, basically all i see is the tip, where'd the button go? I must handle in a much daintier fashion to ensure i can access the release button, i will adjust my technique, i'm just too big.

Highly recommended tool, well made/designed quality stuff is such a pleasure to use!
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

davent

Hot off the press.

The silicone on mine looks the very same as the day i received it.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

muddyfox

I've been eyeing it for a year or two now, time to finally pull the trigger.

As soon as my credit card cycle runs out, that is...  ;D

alanp

These days I use a combination of desoldering braid, a cheap Dick Smith solder sucker, and when those fail, bad language.

Quite often I have better luck with big, complex effects than small simple ones. (There's a PLL sitting in the Pile O' Shame proving otherwise atm tho.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

mmlee

I mentioned it on Cody's blog when I noticed he had the same solder sucker. At the time I also ordered the 'engineer' branded side cutters and needle nose pliers.  I've been using the 3 items for the past 3 months and cannot fault the quality of them! Slightly OT but thought I'd mention it.....

Edit: fault with the side cutters, they cut so well the cut off leads fly off across the room, only to be seen again when I pull them out of my feet.
>Marcus

davent

Quote from: alanp on May 23, 2014, 07:35:17 PM
(There's a PLL sitting in the Pile O' Shame proving otherwise atm tho.)

There's two PLL's pcb's under my hand (bottom left corner) in the sucker pictures.

Quote from: davent on May 23, 2014, 06:58:39 PM

Alanp have you seen this PLL corrections thread, the red board has a bunch the blue board requiires swapping two pot leads.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=106314.0